thread: Early movements!

Nov 2006
    Melbourne

Talking Early movements!

I am currently 15 weeks with my second baby and can't believe that I can feel movements already! I felt flutters about 2 weeks ago but last night I really felt the baby going nuts! Actual kicks! I guess I am surprised cause I didn't feel DD until I was 28 weeks with her!

Anyone else feel them this early?

Nov 2008
    Perth

Oh I'm so jealous!! You lucky thing

I think I've felt bubs but I can't be 100% sure yet. I keep hoping each morning when I wake up that bubs might have risen first and will give me some sort of indication that it's awake but no such luck yet.

What an amazing thing though, feeling our little bubbas move in there.
    Last edited by Taurean; April 6th, 2009 at 02:34 PM.

Dec 2008
    Melbourne

I first felt my baby at about 19wks.

Apparently you feel them much earlier if its 2nd, or 3rd pregnancy

Nov 2006
    Melbourne

Don't be jealous!! I swear with Mackenzie it took soooooo long to feel it I seriously thought something was wrong - I kept on asking my ob but this time round it's def there! Very weird but memorable feeling!

Nov 2008
    Perth

Oh that is just so nice! I'm REALLY looking forward to knowing for sure that bubs has made its presence known Fingers crossed I don't have too long to wait.

Congrats again on feeling some movement!!

Mar 2009
    Brisbane Qld

Oh its nice to read someone else with early movement I am 14wks with #4 and have been feeling the butterfly kisses I call them for the last week or so, its fantastic I cant wait until the kids can feel bub from the outside DD 5yrs is so excited, she is going to go nuts when she can feel it kick.

Mar 2009
    Brisbane Qld

P.S. Taurean - you will feel it any day now, I found lying flat on my back and concentrating I was able to feel them with #1 and #2

Aug 2006
    Perth WA

I felt them really early the first time (took me ages to realise what the strange ticking was too... hiccups DER all the time
    This time is less because the placenta is anterior so I cant always feel bub moving. Some days I do quite a bit then hardly at all for a few days. Very frustrating. Cant wait to see bub at 20 week scan on Thursday!

Add Evie76 on Facebook

Jan 2007
    SA

Jordie,

I was exactly the same. DS was 28-30 weeks before I felt anything.

This one, I swear it was around week 13. He is just kicking me to bits in there!! Even as I type!

BellyBelly Member

Oct 2008

I am fairly positive that I have been able to feel my baby since I was 12 - 13 weeks pg. My DH put his head down on my tummy to listen to the baby's heartbeat and he has felt it kick him in the head a couple of times so I know I am not imagining it. I am currently 15 weeks.

Congrats on feeling your baby move - it is exciting! Makes it feel more real

Dec 2008
    Brisbane, QLD

This is my first and I felt the flutters at just 12 weeks adn DP could feel them around 16 weeks. Now I'm 25 weeks and it wakes me up at least once a night with a massive kick/punch. lol. A blessing in disguise.
    Last edited by Calluna; April 7th, 2009 at 01:17 PM.

Dec 2007
    Sunny Qld

Apparently you feel them much earlier if its 2nd, or 3rd pregnancy
    Not always the case - I felt DS at 16 weeks because my placenta was towards the back. I didn't feel DD until around 23 weeks because my placenta was anterior.

Apr 2007
    NSW

Yep, I felt this one the first time between 14 and 15 weeks With DD I felt her at about 16 weeks for the first time, didn't realise it at the time must have thought it was wind or something LOL

Its so exciting isn't it?

Dec 2006
    In my own private paradise

i have a posterior placenta and first felt bubba wiggles at 9.5 weeks (kinda thought i was insane at the time cos it was so early) - have felt consistent movement ever since though so i know it was real.

i have a rather sensitive uterus though - i doubled over in pain at each implantation! doesn't bode well for a nice comfy labour...

Sep 2008
    Sunshine Coast QLD

With my first son i felt movement at 17 weeks.. With second I'm sure i felt him around 14-15 weeks, but didn't say much just in case people thought i was crazy! I wish i had of now cause it was definatly my little bubs.

BellyBelly Member

Mar 2006
    Getting to know Brisbane all over again

Gosh now I have to think back, I think it was 14wks for flutters with DS and by 17wks hubby could feel them too! With DD it was 10-12wks just little flutters by 14wks they were regular feelings.

Isn't it a wonderful time! Enjoy your little football star

Add Evie76 on Facebook

Jan 2007
    SA

My midwife also said you tend to feel them earlier the subsequent pregnancies because you know what you're looking for.

That makes sense too.

BellyBelly Member

Jun 2005
    Sydney

I felt movements at 13 weeks with DD#2....its amazing isnt it ???!!!!!!