Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fearing the worst..

Unhappy Fearing the worst..

Morning all,

I have been having some lower ab pain most of the night and now have some back pain and a numb leg. I have an appointment with my GP this morning at 10.40 and I hope that she will give me a slip to go and have an U/S - just to put my mind at rest.

I have this feeling that something isnt right but then I know that I have been worrying allot since my first pg ended in M/C @ 5weeks.

I know that I have made it past the "danger" period but still cant help but think that I am going to loose this bub too.

Thanks fpor listening to te crazy / paraniod lady!
    Kate

Better to ease your concerns.

With this one I had started feeling kicks at 14wk & the the 16wk nothing... I completely freaked & could barely sleep for nights, so went to the doc's & arranged a scan. I felt silly at the time but I knew if I didn't I was going to freak out more.

I'm sure you'll be fine, wishing you the best

good Luck at the Drs..

Thinking of you...

Good luck at the doctors.
    I hope everything turns out ok.

xx

Dear Kate,

I hope everything went well at Dr's and you've got your u/s slip. If it helps, at about your stage, I had a night of 10 hours persistent lower left side ab discomfort/pain (but not cramps IYKWIM), the pain at times radiated through to my back. By the morning I was in tears. While I knew it wasn't cramps per se, I was still terribly scared that something was wrong. In my case, a heat pack helped, and in the end, the pain just disappeared!!! Consensus has been from medicos/osteo that it was a muscle spasm/spastic intestine kind of thing. Also, i was NOT constipated or having those kinda issues at the time. All I know is that I wasn't a happy camper! But now we're past 20 weeks and bubs is just fine.

So I hope that this is all you are experiencing, and that your lil' bubba is just scaring you again (mine is already grounded for at least 12 mths after the scares he's put us through!). Sending you big . I know even when I passed my previous m/c milestone, it didn't mean all my fears/worries had magically gone (wish they had tho!)

I'm gonna send you big good luck vibes. And since you're having something so similar to what i felt, I'll be your good luck charm (yes, self-appointed!).

Cheers,
    Belfie

Thanks All,

Been to Docs and she said that around this time its safe to feel thses pains and that when she felt around bubs seems fine. I did how ever get a slip and am lucky enuff to get in to have u/s at 2.00 today - how ever as in her apinion itsnot medically nessecary I have to pay privatly for it (good lord how much that gunna cost!!) but I dont mind - I just wanna see the bub and know that things are ok.

Belfie,
    Thanks so much for you words - Im hopeing that all the pains are just my body being pregnant - I feel better but will be heaps more relieved when I see little on onn the screen!
    Im going to keep you to being my "good luck" charm!!!

Kate

Look forward to hearing how great your scan goes this afternoon.. How great you got in so soon...

Thanks Nic,
    I find if I say that I have just been to my GP and they have given me a referal and they would like me to come in today that they seem to have spare spots for emergancies (or crazy ladies) like me - my fingers are crossed too!
    I hope my hubby sees the relief side of things as im not sure how much its going to cost!! OOPS!
    Kate

I thnk it will cost around the $160 mark.. I think for scans earlier then 19 weeks it is $160 and for after it is $220.. I think!!

Who knows they might give you a receipt to take to medicare

Good luck Kate, hope your scan puts your mind at ease.

Come back in and talk to us would love to have another crazy women in our thread...we're talking about poo atm. Seriously though, am glad you went to see your gp. Please come and let us know how things go.

Melissa

Kate, Best of luck with your scan, I'm sure bubs is fine..... I had some pretty strong pains lately, guess everything is stretching again! I know how you feel my last pregnancy ended in miscarraige, it's great that you're having the scan it'll help to put your mind at rest!
    Snoopea

Was checking in to see how it went...

hoping all is well sweetie

Thanks ladies!

Just back from my US and bub is fine! Kicking away on the screen (wish I could feel it!!) and measuring 8.5cm which is spot on for me being 14w 3d.
    The only concern fo me however was the heart rate was only 132bpm - it was 156 the last time - I cant help worrying! I know I should be thankfull that it was BEATING!
    Only 3 weeks to go till my 18 week scan! Bring it on!
    Thanks so much for all your support! Its so awesome to come on here and just air all my fears and have ppl who have been through the same thing! And who dont think im THAT crazy!!
    Love Kate

Very glad to hear that all went well at your u/s Kate! Did the sonographer comment on the heartbeat? I hope the next three weeks pass quickly without too much worry.

xxxx

Thanks Lucinda,
    I can sleep a bit better tonight!
    The sonographer said that 132 was good - so I guess I have not much to bo worried about! I have read that anything b/w 120 - 170 is fine. Fingers crossed!
    Thanks again.

Thats fantastic news Kate. My dd was hovering in the 130 range and shes just fine!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast