thread: Feeling really emotional all of a sudden

Oct 2008

Feeling really emotional all of a sudden

I have been going to bed and waking up at like 12am or 2am in the morning and then not being able to get back to sleep for hours! and when and If I finally do get back to sleep, It is only for like and hour or so and then I have to get up for work. I have had a great pregnancy so far and have felt 110% but the sleeping the last week has really got to me, last night my dog was sick and kept wanting to go outside and eat grass and I knew he wasn't right, but all of a sudden when I was waiting at the door for him to come In I just got so angry and upset at not being able to get any sleep that I just burst into tears! This morning I decided to sleep in and run late for work because of my lack of sleep last night and when my partner surprised me this morning to take me to a little cafe to get a drink I just felt so tired and felt like crying over it all.

Ok that is my rant over. Just needed to vent

Feb 2008
    Country Victoria

awww hunni... not sleeping is part of pregnancy for some woman. Mayb look at natural relaxation solutions to do before you go to bed. Not Eating properly can also affect your sleep, so make sure your getting enough nutrients and 3 good meals a day. From about 2pm in the arvo, try and cut out any sugars and caffiene.

If it keeps happening, head in and see your GP.

Oct 2008

Thanks

I have only just started not getting the best sleeps. I eat really well and even doc commented on my healthy and good it is. Its not that I am uncomfortable or anything, I just go to sleep but wake up really early and also I always get a stuffy nose when I go to bed which always makes me have a crappy sleep. Maybe its time to throw the pillows out and get new one's!

Dec 2008
    Melbourne

sounds like the hormones have kicked in!!

Try not to stress to much and rest as much as possible when you can...

I have been finding the same thing everytime someone speaks you just want to burst into tears..

It will be over soon, baby will be hear before you know it!

HTH

Take Care

Oct 2008

Thanks Childonway

Time is going really fast hey!

How have you been?

I am hoping for a better sleep tonight, maybe I am just going to bed to early and am not tired enough which is why I wake up early?

Lucy in the sky with diamonds.

Jan 2005
    Funky Town, Vic

Get new pillows! even if it doesn't fix it all up, fresh new pillows feel wonderful

Here are some of the things I cried over spontaneously -

Margarine Ad on telly.
    Anything to do with puppies.
    The vacuum cleaner.
    The fact I couldn't have popcorn at 3am
    The joy of eating ice cream with chocolate biscuits crumbled into it

You are not quite at that stage yet, I just thought I'd warn you

Oct 2008

Oh dear, seems I have should be scared of what is yet to come

Jul 2008
    Melbourne

serenitylee, i can totally relate - if anything interrupts my sleep, i seem to cry! actually, the thought of not getting enough sleep is enough to send me off! i had a day about two weeks ago where i didn't sleep well & when the alarm went off at 5.45 i made it to the bedroom door, burst into tears...sent an email to my boss telling them i'd be late & went back to bed for another blissful two hours!

how do you find weekends? i ask cos it seems like when i don't have to worry about getting up for work, that i sleep far better.

do you do any gentle exercise in the evenings? if your job involves sitting at a desk, maybe some exercise would be good when you get home?

DP asked me yesterday how my mood would be in the 3rd tri - too bad the 2nd is meant to be the good one, hey?

Oct 2008

That is what I done this morning! Called in late at work and told them I had a rough night Just needed that bit of extra sleep in.

I used to power walk 4 days a week but now it is dark when I get home so I have stopped exercising which I have noticed is when the crap sleeps have started. We do have an exercise machine in the shed, will drag that out and give that a go!

Hehe poor boys having to put up with us grumpy women

Jul 2008
    Melbourne

DP informed me that i'm not THAT bad...just grumpy & that i've always been like that anyway - how rude!!

i just started using the exercise bike again last week to try and help with my blood sugar levels & it actually felt great to do some exercise!

sending lots of sleepy vibes your way!

Oct 2008

Haha you sound like me! I am usually grumpy most of the time anyway.

Sending them your way as well!

We are just finishing daylight savings down here in Tassie as well so the change in the weather and lighting usually puts everyone's body out of whack as well.

Fingers crossed for some good night sleeps!

Dec 2008
    Brighton, Brisbane

i know how you feel, i'll be in bed by 10:30 at night, and will wake up at 5:30 and can't get back to sleep. It sucks!!!

Then i'll want to sleep during the day. Im constantly tired.

And in the past week, i want to cry at everything. Every tiny little thing.
    "oh look, a tree......WAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHH"

Oct 2008

Well last night I went to bed at 10pm instead of 9 - 9.30pm like I usually do and man o man did I have the best sleep! So from now on I am going to be staying up that little bit extra so I am more tired.

Hope everyone else gets some good night sleeps as well!