Thread: Hard Belly!

Question Hard Belly!

Hi I'm 22 weeks now with my first bub, a little boy. My belly is pretty low and over the last few days it has gotten really hard and my belly button is on the way out lol. I was told by someone this could be cause of braxton hicks??? But I wasn't sure, so I thought I would throw it out there and see if anyone else had the same problem. It has literally harden in the last two days. Being my first bub, I have no idea what to expect and whats normal... Help???

Its actually a good sign that your belly is firm or hard. I had a car accident when I was just over 7 months and at the hospital they assured me everythin gwas fine, one of the reasons being that my belly was still hard!
    (so i am assuming that its all good at 22 weeks)

HTH

Bubs might have changed positions and be facing inwards so their back is layng against the outside of your belly - hence feels hard too!!

DO you mean your belly's hard for just a few seconds or all the time Ilona?

If it's just a few seconds then yep, I would say it might be BH.
    I got them from about 18 weeks with Darcy. Some people say theirs don't hurt, but mine hurt.

Smile

This morning it has been short about a min or so, then goes, but the other time it was for two days straight the belly was hard. I have no idea lol... every little thing i'm like "is it normal???" I'm firm today, but nowhere near as hard as the other day and I can feel him moving around, so i'm just going with it. I have an OB appointment next week and I will mention it then.

Thanks for the advice xoxo