Thread: Headaches

Default Headaches

I forgot to talk to my OB about this and was wondering if anyone else is suffering from frequent headaches. They always begin in the afternoon and by night my head is pounding. Panadol only takes the edge of them and I try to limit to 2-3/day. They keep me awake for ages but I wake up as good as gold. I've had them for at least 2 months now and can't remember suffering with 1st PG. DH is sick of hearing me moan about them every night

Justine, I can symptahise with you on the headavhe issue, my first pregnancy I was hit with headaches quite early, they went on for days on end with no relief.

This time I thought I had escaped them but they finally met up with me about 10 days ago and like you Panadol doesn`t do much at all, I don`t like taking too many panadol so when it gets too bad I take 1 tablet then find out I really should have tried 2 as it hasn`t touched it by the end of the day my head is splitting, the last few days I have been taking 2 tablets at a time when I can no longer put up with this thumping. I find I can`t concentrate on anything and also can`t do much with a headache this bad, I also have a 9 month baby who needs lots of looking after which makes it hard.

BTW I`m 16 weeks now so just a few days ahead of you, I hope our headaches go very soon. There are also a couple of other July girls suffering with them as well.

im an august girl, and i've been suffering headaches, not too bad atm, but im behind you guys... i thought they were a side effect of the anti depressants i've been taking... who knows?? hope they go away...

I suffered from headaches everyday for the first 20 or so weeks. They would hit at 4 o'clock in the afternoon everyday. I would try to avoid panadol even though i know it is safe. But would take it if the headaches were really severe, which they did get at times, and lay down. The headaches have eased, but I still get them, just not as regularly.

It's reassuring to hear I'm not alone - thanks for the replys girls. It came again at 3pm on the dot. I took Panadol just as I first felt the twinges and it seemed to not get to the unbearable stage. I preach this to all my customers (I'm a pharmacist) to stop the pain before it get too bad cause by then it's usually too late. I just hate taking anything like you Alison. But in the long run if it means I can get through the day - it's definately better to take them. Why do I only get them late in the day though? I figure it's all hormone related. Just when the MS had eased too, now this...... When do I start glowing?

Kellee Guest

Hey Justine. What a bugger. I hope they stop soon. I had them between about 14 and 20 weeks quite regularly, and all of a sudden they stopped. I hope yours do too. I know that it's a bit "new agey" (and you might especially think so because you're a pharmacist) but I always find that burning some lavender oil in a burner and lying down with a cool wet flannel on my forehead helps. Horses for courses, huh? I hope that you're feeling better soon.

Hey Justine! I remember when I was pregnant there was quite a few of us with the same problem. It seemed to be the worst in the "teen" weeks of the pregnancy & then just one day they stopped happening. It might be a hormonal thing??

I've been getting headaches too. Not every day thankfully but often enough. I hope they settle down as your PG progresses.

I also got the headaches bad around 16 - 20 weeks. It seems the m/s finally eases up and the headaches come along! Lavender is a great suggestion and I recommend it. I hope they ease soon.

Fee Guest

I had terrible headaches in the first trimester which lasted 2-3 days. And they just zap all my energy. I thought they were long gone but I had another one yesterday. Sometimes they are dull but so annoying and my neck/shoulders ache and I feel so tired.

I took my first Panadol yesterday since being pregnant and felt guilty - even though the OB said it was fine to take it!!!

oh no!!!! im 11 weeks so far and i had the biggest head ache yesterday!!
    i was hoping it would ease off after i took a panadol but low and behold its started again today! im praying it will go away and not come back!!!

i tend to be a lil sooky la la when i get headaches hehe

what makes it worse is we are currently having renovations done at work and the banging and power tools are not helping!!!!

cant wait till i finish up and can sit at home and watch oprah everyday!! lol

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

today I have had my worse headache ever - since early this morning my head has been throbbing. I took Panadol about 9am and just again 30mins. Now it seems to be easing.

I get them in morning but most days bearable.