Thread: Heartburn..help

Default Heartburn..help

THe last couple of nights I have had the most awful heartburn whenever I try to go to sleep.

I have tried taking Gaviscon, lying propped up but it feels like I am going to be sick with acid..and it probably sounds strange it sounds a though my oesophagus is hot..can't describe it well!

It only really happens at night and I'm so tired!

Does anyone have any suggestions that they have found helps?

I drink of milk before I went to bed helped me.

Most definitely milk! It's the only thing that works for me... i tried mylanta. Also could it have somethng to do with what you're eating or drinking. Coke gives me awful heartburn since being pregnant, as does garlic

hey there

I too am having lots of heartburn and its really bad. I get mine jsut about all day, some days worse then others. Im taking rennies for it and it seems to help some. I know how bad it is when your trying to get to sleep and feel like being sick.

Hope is settles for you hun

Hi Stars69,

I too suffered terribly with heartburn when preggers to the point of vomiting. would only get about 2 hours sleep a night as even being upright wouldn't help. Went to my OB and he recommended Zantac tablets. You can take two a day and they were a godsend. It says on the packet something about avoiding during pregnancy but my OB said they are fine to take. I always made sure that Itook one before eating or about an hour before I went to bed. I tell you, if I forgot I knew about it!! I cannot recommend them highly enough, saying that though they might not work for everyone. For me though, they were perfect. You can get them at Woolies or Coles so don't go to a chemist as they charge more. Good luck and I hope you get some relief soon.

Nita

I agree with Nita, Zantac were a lifesaver when my indigestion/ heartburn kicked in at 28 weeks. I took one in the morning and one before bed, and had no sign of it at all. They were fantastic!

FRUIT TINGLES!!

Ok it sounds strange & when I read it on another thread I thought "yeah right" but I tried it & the relief was almost instant. I have the little packs of fruit tingles in my handbag, car, at work.... They're everywhere LOL!

Other than that I find milk to be really good too.

Hi,

If its at the point you are decribing try the Zantac.

With baby #5 i got like you at 25 wks also. I would actually wake up choking on stomach acid. Zantac was the only thing that helped me.

I was allowed 2 tablets a day maximum. It was only a handful of times i needed the 2 a day, most of the time i was fine with one.

Smile

I have been using "rennies" though my pregnancy & they work really well. you can buy them from the supermarket.