Thread: Help! Nervous and worried first timer!

Default Help! Nervous and worried first timer!

Hello all.

I have a quick question as it's really starting to worry me... over the last two days i've started having increasingly more painful, what i think are "kicks" from jellybean. Except it's nothing like the kicking i was feeling before. Where before it was this subtle little movement now it almost feels like someone's bending me in half. I can't explain it, as i have no idea what it is, but it's to the point where i gasp in surprise each time it happens. This wouldn't bother me so much if bubby was bigger, but isnt 22 weeks a bit premature for bubs to 'hurt' me when he kicks. Let alone the non subsiding need to urinate after a five minute session of whatever's happening in there.

I've been on antibiotics for an infection for now three days, and the doctor assured me they were safe but i'm really starting to worry. In the back of my mind i'm telling myself that i just have an active little boy and maybe he's learnt to kick violently and flail around instead of the subtle punching me every now and then but i'm also scared witless that something's up!

I'm really not sure what to do. The doctors at the clinic here are useless (free clinics are like that), and it's two hours travel (probably worth it but a bother) to get to my midwife/decent GP in geelong. And i wouldn't know what to say if i go into emergency at one of the hospitals. Just very anxious to know that bubby is okay and that it's not a sign of complications or fetal distress. Especially seeing as ive barely been able to eat or sleep and oh dear i know i really am too worried but i can't help it!

Does anyone have any ideas of what might be going on?? At first i thought braxton hicks was a possibility, but it doesn't seem to fit, and it's not really causing me 'pain' of sorts. Whilst i have been accompanied with crampy type pains the actually "kicks" are not lengthy, just frequent for about 30min time blocks...

Thanks for any advice.

Ashlea.

Hi Ashlea,

Sorry to hear that you are worried. Firstly if you are worried always go to the doctor especially if your complaint persists. Here are a couple of suggestions: (only because I have experience these things)

Bladder infection - Go to your local gp and demand a urine test.

Constipation - I get a sharp pain on my lower right hand side and some times I am bent over with it, the doc told me it was constipation. Ask your chemist about fibre gels, drink heaps of water and eat fruit.

Bub is lying on some thing - My DD used to lye on my ovary and this used to cause my some pain at times.

Braxton Hicks - It is possible to get BH's at 22wks.

Hope this helps and all the best.

Thanks for the advice Bek.

Turns out it's definitely not an infection, and as far as i can tell it's not constipation, because the crampy feeling i have with it normally is very different.

Whilst the other two are still possibilities, i got DF to try and feel bubs last night, to see if it really was just kicking, and there you have it, he did. So maybe bubs has just found his muscles!