Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just don't look pregnant....

Default I just don't look pregnant....

Ok I need to vent and I thought I would share my feelings with other second trimesters.

I am 174cm tall, and weigh around 125kg. So I am not exactly small. So the chances of someone saying I look pregnant or know I am pregnant without me telling them are so slim.

I know I am as my belly is bigger then normal. I had lost almost 15 kg on a diet prior to falling pregnant..but obviously with morning sickness and nausea I put on 5kg straight up. That was I guess putting carbs back into my diet after being on a low carb diet.

Comments like "you don't look 18 weeks", anyhow it just peeves me off...why I can't look like others. I even said yeh but when I get to 30 weeks you can notice. So yeh great for the self esteem, and it has made me really teary now. So I thought where better to let it all out then on my forum where at least someone might be able to know how I feel.

Thanks for listening I think I have had a hormone blast overnight as I am never this sensitive ever.

Jac
    Last edited by Jacqui; March 22nd, 2007 at 01:45 PM.

pint Guest

don't listen to them Don't cry
    I had comments FROM A PREGNANT WOMAN, saying I didn't look 15 weeks - figure that. She wasn't all that huge either for 8 months. I could I have replied all the same. But I bit my tongue, I am better than them

People can be cruel. We all carry different. Some can have a huge belly but small baby or avg baby with small tummy etc.
    As long as your baby and you are ok, that is all that matters.

sajemsha Guest

I know how you feel about hurtful comments Jac {{{hugs}}}
    I'm now 20 weeks and I'm getting heaps of comments of when am I due and how's the baby going to fit in me and I'm soo huge. (I know opposite of you) but it still hurts. I'm not skinny in the least, so I guess I look bigger then most and this is my fourth baby so that doesn't help to hold things in tight.
    You should find some tight fitting preggy shirts, you know the ones that gather under your boobs. They really make you look pregnant. Walk around with your hand on your belly, that's a give away.
    Try not to let peoples comments get to you, what do they know, at least at the end of it all your the one with a beautiful baby.
    Take care of yourself...

Hi there Jacqui!
    I know how you feel!!!
    I am 178cm, and a few kilos bigger than you. So I stress alot as to wether I actually 'look' pregnanat, or just plain huge!!
    I have to admit, I do feel I look preggers, my tummy doesnt consist of rolls anymore. It's one continuous bump.
    I still worry that people look and me and think something mean to do with my weight!
    I have only put on 1.8kgs so far.... so I'm thinking that's pretty good.
    I'm very embarrassed when I get my weight taken at midwife appts. I feel like the biggest person to have ever been pregnant!
    Thankfully, I havent had any of the comments you are experiencing. I really feel for you. I know I would just break down and cry. Maybe if you don't hold back your tears in front of these people and show them how much it hurts you, they might stop. There's no need for people to be so insensitive. Especially to an expectant mum!!!
    Try to ignore their comments. they obvioulsy dont have any idea, or have anything remotely intelligent to say.
    Being a bigger person, I know I'm not really going to look as pregnant as someone due the same time as me, who is of a slender build.
    Just remember, your DP/DH loves you for who you are! AND YOUR GOING TO HAVE A BABY!!!!!!!!!!
    Try and relax, take it easy and enjoy the pregnancy!!!
    And if you ever want to talk, I'm always here to listen.
    Best wishes, and good luck with your pregnancy!!!

Nicky (MSN - [email protected])

By the way CONGRATS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS!!!!!!!!!!
    Keep your chin up sweety!!!!
    Last edited by ~*Niadalla*~; March 21st, 2007 at 02:23 PM.

You carry it all in your bum - I'm not pregnant & I take offense to that on your behalf. How rude. All pregnant women are gorgeous in my opinion

Same Sarah, that's just nasty!

lol i got told i was getting really fat.. nice huh those words exactly too don't listen to ppl because they are really insensitive most the time...

Jac - I really feel for you - you're sensitive enough when you're PG without having rude and insensitive ppl making horrible comments to bring you down.

Next time someone says something like that to you, just direct your hormonal blast straight at them and tell them exactly why it's rude and hurtful. You are a gorgeous woman nurturing a new life inside of you - there's nothing on earth more beautiful than that!

Thankyou all so much for your comments. I knew I would find support hear and it makes me feel better and not so alone. I totally agree with the constant weighing, you do feel like the biggest person to ever have a baby lol.

I will be searching for the "make me look preggers" shirts...and rub my belly more. I totally agree with every post in this thread. And thank everyone so much. I am pleased I am not alone...I dont know how I survived my previous pregnancies without the internet and forums.

I know it gets better from here on in....just have to make a point of avoiding negative people.

JAc

I right up there with you.
    179cm tall, weighed 91kg proir to falling preg, and am now 101kg. Also get constantly told that i dont look preg. I am starting to now, but, i dont look how i imagined i would look at 6months.
    I have been pretty happy with being told in a way that i dont look preg, says to me that i havent put on to much weight etc.
    I do know that my boobs have seemingly taken up most of my weight gain - ****!! Probably the reason why my tum doesnt look big, cause they still shelted by my boobs!!!
    SEriously, they not that bad, only D cup, prob should go to E thou.
    Becuase we are tall, we just have more room for baby. Thats my theory. All babies prob roughly the same length, but, we got longer bodies to hold the baby, in compared to a small person, where its gotta go somewhere, so therefore sticks out more.

I am starting to in the last 2 or so weeks look more preg to the outside world, not just fat. I really want to get one of those "baby on board" signs to stick on my top, just to peoples know that i preg, not fat.

yeh I guess when you think of it being taller should help them stay away from under our ribs...as there is plenty of room elsewhere lol. Never works though.

My boobs have shrunk I think they moved elsewhere probably to my butt cheeks lol. I am smaller now in my chest then before I was pg. Go figure.

I definitely want the sign, the shirt, and the hand on the belly to enhance pregnancy looks.

try walking around, with your hand on your back, sticking your tum out!

Get a bit of a waddle on too, that always looks very preggy!

lol thanks girls...these are great tips for all of us not quite belly bound yet!!

Jacqui I know exactly how you feel. I'm not quite as tall, and not quite as big, so we would probably even out overall and be very similar.

People constantly tell me that I don't even look pregnant, even though I'm nearly 26 weeks. It is sohurtful, I am already worried enough about the baby without people's stupid comments to compound on it.

All I have found that helps is letting people know how much those comments hurt me. I don't do it in a nasty way, but I still let them know that I don't appreciate those comments and to back off. Most people are ok - but my mum is one of the worst culprits!!

Hugs honey - I know how you feel.

Hi there
    I am in a similar situation (except for the tallness, Im only 163cm) in that im 21 weeks preg and still dont have much of a belly at all (check out my website pics)...I also get comments all the time such as "what sort of a pregnant bellys that?" or "maybe next time we see you, you might actually look pregnant"...Only 2 days ago I told a girl that I do uni with that I was pregnant and she said "only just pregnant then?" I replied "Im 21 weeks" and she questioned me like she didnt believe that I was even pregnant!

~Jane~ Guest

People peeve me off about this. You can be told in the space of a day how big or small you are by two different people.

I just ignore people and their comments. I am sure you look lovely and people should have more sense than to comment on a womans size.....whether she is pregnant or not.

im really tiny in weight and 165cm tall. with my last two pregnancies people (especially DH family ) constantly commented on how little my belly was and how "such and such" was much bigger at that stage... Obviously my body doesnt like to hold too much weight and both my boys were perfect when born, even though they were both under six pounds they fattened up very quickly. even the dr said my size was correct for my build.. i just got sick of defending myself in the happiest and proudest moments.

point is - dont take it personally, i think people just dont think first! as long as you and bubs are healthy thats all you should worry about..

CONGRATULATIONS and good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast