Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I just don't look pregnant....

fletch i know exactly how u feel!!!! i was called fat by someone atleast that big!!! i am also around a 12 only 14 weeks preg but it was at work and she said gee your getting really fat.. and coz it was at work i couldn't just turn around and say atleast its not from too many biscuits or do u even have a mirror grrr ppl are so annoying!!!

why is it that people put others down for being to big, and now, we get hassled for not being big enough?
    What is with all this image crap?
    You are healthy, baby is healthy - what is peoples issue?
    I have a "friend" who is much larger then me, and she constantly tells me that i am not fat enough - i take it as a compliment from her, cause i think she is jealous.
    hey - maybe thats it - all these comments we from peoples that are jealous of others being able to seamlessly maintain some sorta figure.

I just can't wait to prove the dr's wrong and show that you can be overweight, pregnant, and healthy without Gestational diabetes. They are making me do the 2 hour one at 26 weeks. Now I have no family history of GD or D I am just overweight. So you know I love to prove how healthy an overweight person actually can be pregnant!

I hate this! I'm 180cm tall, 64kg pre-preg, and at 7m gone people thought I had been made redundant when I said I'd be not around in the new year. In fact, at 8m gone I was asked why we wanted rid of a 2-seater sports car! Don't look pregnant my still-trim backside, what's this giant bump then? MiL told me her bumps were bigger than mine, I pointed out I'm 30cm taller than she is! Sadly I couldn't tell my mum that as we're the same height, but she was shocked my bump wasn't identical to her bump with me.

At 24w I was told I was still in the looking fat, not looking pg stage. People are so nice!

hope u told em to pi$$ off ryn!!!

Good luck Jacqui - you can be "pleasantly plump" and not get sick in your pregnancy - people are such idiots there are reasons why some people weigh more than others and you just can't win in pregnancy - you're either TOOOOOOOO BIG or TOOOOOO SMALL - I'd say you're just perfect for who you are - you may even find that you've lost weight once the pregnancy is over

Don't stress, I've heard worse. Once at work one of my male coworkers overheard a female worker discussing her pregnancy & blurted out "are you pregnant". She was 7 months pregnant at the time and most of the office couldn't tell as she was very short & quite overweight therefore her figure hadn't changed. The poor guy is still embarrassed about the comment.

I'm the opposite of you. I'm overweight and for about 3 or 4 months now have looked pregnant as I have developed a pregnant looking high belly if you know what I mean (as against the low pot belly) and I have been living in fear of people thinking I am pregnant. I've now tested positive so (all going well) I at least have an excuse for the belly even though I'm way to early to show yet.

Smile

I know exactly how you feel!! I am 170cm tall and when i went for my first appointment with the midwife on Monday,i was weighed at 130kg..so yes..a larger women,like 60%(or more!)of the population is.

I am 20 weeks pregnant and also dont look pregnant..in my eyes,just fat as always!*L*

Was the same when i had my daughter too,even up to the her birth day i could still wear my 'normal' clothes.
    From start to finish i had only put on 1 kg. I did have GD though,so i think being on the diet helped alot with the no weight gain,and then in losing alot of weight after the birth..just a shame it all had to come back on again..but,me is me.

Just had my 20 week US today,and our baby is perfect and healthy! Growing as it should and everything in place!

Also found out the sex..*drum roll*

[url=http://lilypie.com][/ur]

Thats really horrid hun ignore them! I have the opposite prob Im getting told I already look preg and im 10wks! I take it as in a "wow you're getting fat already!" type comment when I've only put on 4kgs so Im tech not classified as underweight anymore. I just don't think ppl realise how hurtful they are being.

I like the tips for waddling and hands on back and tum lol, any for sucking it in for another few weeks? lol

Just keep thinking, like I think someone else said, you are making a beautiful gorgeous little bubbers inside of you that's all that matters tell the rest of the nasty twits to bugger off and try and be happy in yourself and the amazing thing your body is doing

Bess Guest

I was 65kg (167cm) pre pregnancy and have put on 5kg (18 weeks). I still don't look pregnant just fat. It's driving me up the wall. Trouble is, my somach was in good shape before I got pregnant and pratically concave so now I just have a pot belly (oh yeah, and massive boobs!).

I just want to look pregnant!!!!!

I know my DH is trying to be supportive and is conscious that I am concerned I just look fat after years of going to the gym to stay in shape. But he said the other day "I can't wait until you look pregnant so I can take you everywhere to show you off".

So I'm guessing I don't look pregnant and maybe we aren't going places at the moment because he doesn't want to be seen with a fat wife! Yeah, I know the hormones have a part to play in the sensitivity, but absolutely no one has commented on how I am looking pregnant. Between that and having more pimples than when I went through puberty, I am feeling pretty rotten about myself - they don't tell you this bit about pregnancy.

Hi,

Ignore them.

I am getting annoyed because people are having trouble telling that I'm pregnant. I'm 22 weeks now and people are still asking me when I'm going to get Fat. (not that I'm slender though either)

I was 63kg and only about 160 cm when we conceived and now I'm only about 69kg, but I think I'm carrying back towards my spine. Everyone is expecting me to have this classic Prego belly, and I'm afraid it just aint happening.

It is starting to get more noticable, so I now in the next month I'm going to end up with the finally you look preggo comments. I just rmember how much easier it will be after bubs has arrived, so I get my girlish figure back (lol, I havn't had one of those sinceI was 18)

I feel for you all with the comments.
    I am 23 weeks, and look completly huge. At work last week a midwife (I work in a hospital), said to me 'not long to go now'.
    I said 'I am only 22 weeks' she asked if I had had all of my tests and ultrasounds done. Suggesting that I didn't know what I was talking about.
    She said that I looked way bigger than I should be. Like I hadn't heard that before.
    I was a 14 to start with and d cup in the boob department. Now I am a DD and apparently they havn't stopped growing yet. All my coments are 'look how big you are' and 'look at your huge boobs'.
    It gets me worried that my baby is getting too big. My ob says that he/she is normal and healthy- and for that I am very grateful!!!

Good luck to all us BIG or SMALL bellied women as we embark on this journey. May we feel content just knowing that our bubs are growing well- it doesn't really matter what we look like on the outside.

Just an update on my growth:

I sware I wake up every morning and look down at my belly and each day my belly is getting higher then my belly button iykwim. Then I put on my beloved 3/4 jean pants I bought last week, and there was no way they were doing up. It seems my fundal height has taken a nice jump to welcome me into 19 weeks!

I am feeling more and more pregnant this week as everything is kicking in like.....
    Colostrum in my Boobs (TMI sorry)
    Movements are through the roof, I have found bub hates it when I sit forward as bubs kicks like crazy till I move to another position.
    Muscular pains in my thighs...reminding me of the body changes.
    And every second person saying..."How are you feeling?"
    You all must have sent my family and friends caring vibes as now they are all asking me how I am feeling..am I excited....

So thanks. I hope others who read this forum can get some light on what it feels like and understand that it will happen...just not overnight.

becmc Guest

Geez, I hate it when people comment on my belly. For some reason I am much more sensitive this pregnancy that with my son, but it is still rude. I was showing pretty much straight away this time, and certain people tell me every time they see me. It drives me insane!!!

Isn't it amazing that in general, it is offensive to comment on someone else's weight, but as soon as you are pregnant, people think they have they right to comment on your size/shape etc!!! And many people aren't sensitive about it.

I think we all get these silly comments. A friend of mine is getting sick and tired with the "are you sure you're not having twins" comments and even her GP is saying "Bella, you can't push this one out!" while her Midwives and OB seem to think that everything is normal. She wasn't skinny to start with, but with narrow hips and not very tall, so I think it just looks bigger than it is.

I on the other hand am 1,70cm tall, not skinny either and with wide hips. Most of the time I hear "You're so tiny, I can't believe you're this far along" and "this is definitely gonna be a girl!"

Actually, I'm just glad that people can now tell that I'm actually pregnant. Although I still find it weird when strangers comment on the fact that I'm pregnant.

Then the other day a guy that I deal with for work (but who thinks for some reason that we're mates) greeted me with "hey fattie, how are you?" I couldn't believe it. I mean, lucky I'm not self-conscious. Most women would have been horrified at that comment. I was just horrified at his lack of manners. Even my DH, who was there, was shocked. We were actually both too shocked to say anything.

So don't worry about what they are saying. People are dumb and insensitive. Everyone looks different. And who really cares?!? I mean, as long as the baby is fine, nothing else matters. Don't let somebody else's idiocy spoil your enjoyment of this bonding time with your child. This is the only time you'll have him/her to yourself and you'll never be this close again.
    Good luck to everyone!

Alex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12