Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Low lying Placenta

Hi Linny,

It's actually next Tuesday not this week. I'm sure it'll all be fine. I know you weren't saying your situation is worse than mine, just letting me know what your situation is.

A girlfriend of mine just had her second boy and she had a c/s this time as he was breach. She was really happy with the process, even though she'd had a natural with her first.

She said it was better than the first time, because she knew when it would be, what would happen and the first time her DS was face up, so it was a really hard labour with lot's of stitches etc. So she had a hard time the first time around.

As long as everyone comes out of it OK, that's the main thing!

linny Guest

Hi Jennifer -Yeah look at the end of the day i just want whats best for the babies and either way theres pain involved and pros and cons for both natural and c/s.Hope you are doing well.

TashieD-Sorry i thought this week im ahead of myself.I have heard sometimes a c/s is easier because you conserve your energy for when the babies are here even though its a longer recovery but some of my friends have had a bad time after a natural delivery as well so either way its going to hurt lol.Ill be thinking of you for tues but im sure everything will be just perfect.Let us know how you get on.
    Linny xxx

Smile

Hi! Just thought I'd update you. I saw my obs today and the checked the position of the baby with ultrasound and the baby's head was low down in the pelvis and engaged, he said that if the placenta was in the way it wouldn't be able to engage and that at this stage a c-section wasn't necessary! So it did move up!

Congratulations Sweetpea! All the best for a good birth!

That's great news Sweatpea, not long to go now!

I have my u/s on the 16th April. Not long to wait seeing as Easter is just around the corner.

I now also have another issue to contend with - Gestational Diabetes!! My test last week came back high so tomorrow I'm off for the next lot of tests to see if it was just a bad result or if I do actually have this issue.

I'm a bit over all of this testing to be honest and just want a crystal ball to tell me things will work out.

I'd prefer a low placenta to GD, so fingers crossed it's all OK.

Will keep you posted on both these issues.

The 16th will be here in no time!

Good luck with your gd testing, I hope it all works out!

linny Guest

Hi girls,

Thats great news sweet pea i bet you are relieved.
    Tashie D- im sorry to hear about the high results and good luck today with the other tests i hope they are ok.
    My newest saga is that i have an uncontrollable itch from head to toe and no rash so i spent yesterday at the hosp having tests.They are testing for a thing called cholestasis which is when your liver reacts to hormones and doesnt clear bile etc away.I dont find out until Tues if i can stand it for that long.Im really hoping its not because it not good for babies or me although there is medication.Anyway fingers crossed thats not what this is.
    Ill check in tomorrow to see how your tests went today Tash.

Linny,

My sister in law had this with both her pregnancies. Second time was worse and was admitted to Hospital to control it.

First time, they had to take Elli out at 36 weeks, second bubs, Jade came out at 39, both c/s because natural would put too much pressure on your body.

It isn't serious for bubs, although they monitor the baby closely, but it isn't good for Mum.

How many weeks are you currently? If you are close to the end, that's a good thing because you won't have to put up with it for too long and they will try and keep baby in for as long as possible for obvious reasons.

Sounds the same as my sister in law though. Try baths with camamile lotion (?? what you use if you had chicken pox) until next week, that helped her a bit.

You'll go back to normal after a week or so, once bubs is out, but until then you will be closely monitored. Don't worry about the meds, they are fine, I would take them personally because it does help with the itching and there's nothing worse than a constant itch that won't go away!

Try not to worry, keep having those baths and let us know how you go next week.

I had my blood tests yesterday, but won't know the results until Monday, so will keep you posted and let you know when I do.

Have a great weekend ladies!

linny Guest

Tahsie D

Thanks for the info it good to know others have gone thru it especially when you feel down.I rang hosp late last night because i couldnt stand the itch and sweating in hands and feet any longer.To cut long story short DP went and got a antihistamine script filled for me so i started those last night.It has lessened the symptoms a bit but not enough for my liking.I will take your advice and get some calamine lotion that makes sense.I so wish i could stop this sweating it feels terrible.Bring on Tues and lets get it sorted.Thanks again for your care i appreciate it and keep me posted on how you get on with your tests on Mon.Ill be thinking of you.Good luck chat soon xxx

Hi Linny,

I really feel for you, there's nothing worse, Hopefully it'll all be sorted tomorrow.

I've got my results and they came back normal - YAY - I don't have gestational diabetes.

Now I can eat and enjoy the Easter eggs this weekend!!

Let me know how you go tomorrow.

Take care.

linny Guest

Tashie D- So relieved to hear that you got the all clear.That is fantastic news and a big weight off your mind.Now you can enjoy easter.Ill let you know tomorrow on how i go.Talk soon.

linny Guest

Hi,
    I got admitted to hosp last tures and was allowed to come home last night.i have cholstasis and am beeing treated for that and also my kidneys arent working properly but they still dont know why or what it is.its been a terrible week and i feel very depressed but just wanted to let you know what had happened to me.i now have the flu and have pulled my bum muscles from coughing and i can hardly move so im a wreck and just cry.ill come back on when im feeling more positive.hope you are all doing well.

Oh Linny, you poor thing. Hope you're resting up and taking it easy. It's awful when you're in pain and you have worries on top of that. So hard to see a light at the end of the tunnel. How are you treating the cholstasis and the kidney trouble? Are you getting plenty of help from your DP or family?

Hugs and best wishes coming your way via cyber-space!! Counting down the last few months with you now...

Linny - I hope you're having lots of rest now! Look after yourself! I hope you're feeling better soon and they work out what's going on :hugs:

Linny!!

You poor thing - I hope that you're feeling better soon. It never rains it pours hey!

Now my sister-in-law also had some kidney issues with her second pregnancy which they tested for gestational diabetes just to see if that was a factor but it wasn't.

At the end of the day, I would say that you're body isn't coping so well and so therefore the next thing to start to play up with this gestational liver condition are you kidneys as they are forced to work extra hard to help clean and clear your system.

Plus the fact that you are carrying twins always takes a lot out of your body normally, let a lone with extra complications.

The flu is the pits, but I had to laugh when you said that you hurt your botton muscles - sorry, bit immature I know!!:hugs:

I don't know what else to say, except what everyone else has said and that's rest, rest, rest and see your GP if you're still feeling lousy and see if there is anything that you can safely take at the moment that might help with the Flu at least and prevent more coughing and sore bottoms!!

I have my scan on Monday for my LLP so I will try and up date you on the results as soon as I can.

Take care and heaps of hugs and kisses.

Tashie, all the best for your scan on Monday. I can't believe you're already 32 weeks! Wow, it won't be long until you'll have another little boy to cuddle!! Let us know how you go with the u/s.

Hi all,

Just a quick note to let you know that my u/s went well today. Bubs is doing really well, but I am in that 3 - 5% who's placenta doesn't move so I will be having a c-section.

The placenta is less than 2 cm away from the cervix, so not technically placenta privia, but will still be diagnosed with that term as it's close enough to prevent a complecation free natural delivery.

Bit of a bummer and I was hoping to avoid extra surgery, but at least I will know the date/time etc and know that bubs is a bit bigger than average (57%) at 32 weeks, he should be a good weight at 38 not to be worried that he will need to much extra care once he's pulled from his nice warm home into the big wide world.

Won't know any more details until my next appointment, which at this stage is in 2 weeks. Then I will be referred onto the Obs clinic and go from there with any extra tests they may want to do or just give me the date etc for the surgery.

Good luck to the rest of you. Take care and I'll keep you posted.

Hi Tashie

I was in exactly the same situation as you at that stage and mine didn't move at all. But there is still time, and I requested a 37 week u/s just to make sure. Mine was about the same from the cervix as well, the reassuring thing was there was no real risk of bleeding during the pg and should you go into labour you've got a while before there's any danger to you or bub.

My ob still felt there was enough time for it to move at 32 wks, so don't lose heart yet! As a side note, Lucy's placenta was also posterior and she was small, so that might have been a factor in the lack of 'movement' out of the way.

Good luck!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast