Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Low lying Placenta

Thanks for that Jennifer.

I decided to call the midwife clinic today as I want to discuss options with them as I will worry about this now until I eventually get to see an Obs about it.

I hear what you're saying about the chance that it should still move, but mine doesn't seemed to have moved at all since the 20 week scan and in the last 3 weeks I grew 6cm's, so I figured if it hasn't moved now, it's unlikely to move much more.

Will just have to wait and see what they recommend. I know in public hospitals in Melbourne they are really cracking down on elective c-sections so if they think I can still deliver this baby naturally, I'm sure they'll be pushing for it.

Take care and I'll let you know the goss when I find out more.

linny Guest

Hi girls,

Thanks for your support.ive been on bedrest and going to hosp twice a week to be monitered.The babies are happy and my BP is good.the liver and kidney are still really high.Im on liver tablets 3 times a day and they really dont know what is going on with the kidneys which is comforting lol.im 29 weeks today and Dr on tues said we are aiming for 34 weeks just depending on my body holding up for that long but i really want them in there for as long as possible even though i feel like s---.
    Tashie- Did the Dr say there was any hope of the placenta moving?All you can do is be thankful that it will be the safest way for you and bubs to deliver and that they knew this already.
    Hi to everyone my bum a bit better went to physio and my tailbone has bent in.i must sound like a hypochondriac nut i swear im cracking up and feel 100 years of age.im glad im having twins cause im never going thru this ever again lol.ill keep in touch but have to get back to bed before DP tells me off for being out of bed for too long but just wanted to check in with you guys.Talk soon take care xxx

Oh Linny, I know it sounds trite, but soon this will all be a distant memory. My closest gf had twins and they gave her body an awful time. She's since had a singleton and nowhere near the troubles during the pg (easier birth too). But still, I'd understand you not wanting to go through it again, especially since you went through IVF in the first place!

Each week is a milestone and one step closer to holding your beautiful babies in your arms. And my gf with twins now thinks it's the best thing that could have happened!

Oh Linny - I feel for you. My pelvis is very unstable and I now where a belly belt from the physio to help with my pain. It's been good so far, but I have noticed that my hips/ pelvis in my butt muscle region is now sore when wearing it. I know that I need another ajustment from the chiro as my neck is also out, but won't see him again until the 12th May - so yes, I am too complaining a lot at the moment!!

I see the Dr on Tues, so until then I have no idea about my placenta moving etc. But I do know the radiographer said that as it is posteria, and that I have been growing at a rate of knots (without it moving as yet) the chances of it moving now are pretty slim.

I'm having another growth spurt at the moment, so will see what Dr says, but as far as I'm concerned, next week is about giving me the date for the c/s, and to be honest, I'm used to the idea now and will be happy when this is all over, as I too don't plan on having any more!

Take care, rest, rest, rest and keep in touch when you can.

Will let you know what the outcome is after next Tuesday.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123