Thread: Movements at 26 weeks

Default Movements at 26 weeks

Would love to hear from others on their experiences of movements at around 26 weeks... I have days of lots of movements, and then other times, nothing for a day or two.

Don't know if I am over-reacting due to the fact that I am on BP medication which can slow down/stop growth...

The movements I do get on occasion seem to be very low down still.

Have others found the same thing?

Cheers!

You can definetely have busier baby days than others. Depending on what you are doing. I heard a few years ago that you can get a chart to keep an eye on these things from the ante natal clinic or ob. Give one of them a ring & they can let you know what to look out for & when to worry. I think it is less than 5 movements in a day?? I can't be sure though. There might be a web site with more info.

Fetal Movements: How often and when should my baby move?

Look at this page. I was a bit off. It should be 10 movements in 2 hours at their most active time of day. Thats at 28 weeks. Have a look at that page & other sites to get an idea. I just googled fetal movement.

Hi,

before 26 weeks i used to get A LOT more movement from bubs... lately though (i'm almost 30 weeks) things have slowed down heaps. My OB told me it was normal and as long as i felt 10 GOOD movements a day, then that was fine! BUT i do still have some more active days than others.. and sometimes it depends on bubs position, other times on "her" mood! etc... i wouldn't worry to much as long as you are feeling over 10 movements a day!

i get loads and loads of movement from bubby. recently it hurts though so im wondering if everything is ok. it's a very different kind of kick than what i was used to as if the baby's growing bigger than my uterus is developing or as if there's less amniotic fluid. oh well. will have to get it checked out if it doesnt get any better i think

I didn't feel my girl move until 28 weeks! I did worry but then she didn't stop! Mind you when she did stop and I hadn't felt her for awhile I would drink heaps of cold water - that usually did the trick. I also found out in the last week of my pregnancy that my pacents was at the front of my belly which prevented me from feeling movement for ages. Check if yours is in the fron too

i get butterfly movements often but sometimes it's very quite. I'm at 22 weeks but still have got any kicks, I think I got a tap this week but that's about it.

I diddn't even feel DD until 24ish weeks... This time I havfelt movements from around 19 weeks.

Each baby is different, and some days the way it's positioned you may not feel much as there is more room that wayl...

Don't stress too much, if you are a bit worried, have a very icy cold glass of OJ and lay on your back for 10 mins or so, you should feel some kicks then... but remember that some times it will be a slight kick and others you'll feel like your tummy will burst open from the force of the kick...

Good Luck

I went into the hopsital for a check at 28 weeks (I think) as I was worried about movement and the doctor and a midwife said that they consider 10 moves in 12 hours to be a good sign AFTER 31weeks! So before that movement will be sporadic and you will have slow days and active days. At 35 weeks (now) I still find most movements down low and nothing above my belly button. So at 26 weeks, it all felt like very low movements and I had hours and hours of no moves even after cold water and lie downs. The golden rule is: if you feel the pattern is different to other days or your are worried call the hosp/midwife/ob. It doesn't matter if nothing is wrong- better be safe than sorry...(the hosp told me 99% of women who present as worried about fetal movement leave the hosp happy a few hours later)