Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No strong movement at 18 weeks?

Default No strong movement at 18 weeks?

I'm abit concerned that I haven't felt any strong movement yet. I did a couple of weeks ago but that was a one-off. That time it felt like butterflies against the inside my tummy. It went for quite awhile which surprised me, maybe a minute. Maybe it just felt like a long time?

Occasionally I feel something that feels like a little bump against my tummy, but it isn't strong enough to go wow that was a movement iykwim! Is there anyone out there that had the same worries as me? Thanks so much!!!!

Hi sweetpea... I never really felt much movement with my daughter till well after 24 weeks..... mind you I had an anterior placenta which didnt help...

Could you possibly have an anterior placenta? they normally check the placenta position at the 18 week scan....

I think we have all worried at some stage but not everyone feels strong movements, i felt slight movements around 17weeks but they werent really strong till around 25 weeks

I too didnt have alot of movement till 21-22 weeks.
    Bec

i didnt feel strong DEFINITE BABY movements until after 20 weeks, maybe even after 22 weeks. I wouldn't worry, its different for everyone... soon you will start to feel them and then you will notice them at certain times throughout the day....

I worried too, and it wasn't necessary, so try not to worry too much. When you have your next scan I am sure you will be relieved. Scans seem to be so reassuring.

I am 19 weeks and also have been worried im not getting the "WOW" baby movements, i find i am getting flutters probably more often in the last couple of days, but nothing i would say was a "kick"!!

Should start to happen for both of us in the next week or two i hope!!!

hey jan,

i felt little flutters from 14 weeks. not every day, just here and there.

but for the past week or so i havent felt anything and i havent had any kicks as such yet.

im still waiting too...

With my first I didnt feel anything til after 25wks, I was told at my 20wk scan I'd be feeling baby now, I just nodded but really I didnt...

At about 25wks I started feeling movement & by 28wks it was full on....

So dont painc!!!!

it does get more full on, at first i didnt enjoy the movements i felt, it kinda made me feel queasy or sick, but now i am used to it...

I didnt feel any movements at all till about 19-20 weeks, then it took a few weeks before I started feeling really strong frequent movement.

Wow, I guess I am really lucky, I have been feeling the baby kick for the last few days and my boyfriend has even felt it already and I am just 18 weeks. My midwife was stunned as well as my boyfriends mother, she went as far as to say that maybe I am further along than the dr thinks although 2 ultrasounds give the dates of May 12th and May 15th. I know the norm is between 18-24 weeks and everyone is different due to how much extra padding on the body and how strong your abdominal muscles are as well.

I didn't have strong movements until about 2 days ago (22wks pg) ... I had slight movements from about 20wks onwards, but not definitely 'baby' movements until very recently.
    So nothing to worry about Jan

You probably feel much better now, but just wanted to add that I didn't feel anything til 21 weeks, and only slightly from 19 weeks!

Hi
    Just thought I would add my experience too - I am nearly 20wks and not feeling any movement yet either. Belly getting bigger so definitely something going on in there.

Like the others have said - we are all different and I hope you start feeling movement soon.
    Take care.

i had flutters around 18weeks & i could feel bubby in there but no strong movents until 22-23 weeks

Babushka Doll Guest

Thank God I found this thread!
    I am 17+4 days and haven't felt anything ) :
    I am begining to worry actually - my bump is getting slightly bigger, but still not anywhere near noticably pregnant!
    BTW - My placenta is anterior, so maybe that is the reason?

Hi Babushka
    I have an anterior placenta too and the midwife told me it can take longer to feel anything. I am 20wks now and feeling movement (like muscle twitching) just below my ribs these last couple of days.

Don't worry you will feel things real soon - and will see everything is okay in your 20wk scan coming up soon.
    Take care, T.

Babushka Doll Guest

Thanx Tess! Actually after posting this yesterday... i was in bed last night and rolled over onto my back and my tummy felt a little tight right down low, then all of a sudden 'thud thud' I was well and truly awake by then and it hit me what I think had just happened, so I put my hand on my tummy and it did it again, this time a few cm's over to the right side 'thud thud' oh it felt a little weird but wow, like nothing i have felt before, definately not wind! Ive been waiting all day for bubs to do it again, so i will be convinced, no such luck as yet (:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast