Thread: Pains in pelvis

Default Pains in pelvis

Hi just wondering if anyone else seems to ahve a painful pelvic area.
    I know that at 16w, ur body gets a surge in Relaxin, but this has come on quite suddenly.
    I try heat bags and warm baths, but worried about over heating.
    Anyone got any tips? or feeling similar?

cheers
    Nicky

Hey Nicky,

I woke up the other day with a really painful hip but the pain went away during the day and only comes back every now and then.

As for how to ease the pain.. not too sure!! What you are doing sounds alright. If things do get back, then call your doc and let them know.

sajemsha Guest

Hi Nicky
    I've got the same problem, I'm 15 wks, they say to put a cold pack on to ease the pain. Watch how you stand (both feet on ground) keep your knees together when getting out of bed and car. Some say stay active, some say rest, I guess it depends on how bad the pain is. I've tried a belly belt, but I found it pulled on my ceaser scar, or I think that would of worked. I hope you find something to ease the pain {{hugs}}

do you mean constant pain, or a stabbing like pain?

Its more of a constant pain... like sore muscles.
    It seems to be when i've been on my feet for a few hours.
    I haven't had it for a few days, as i haven't been working so i am attributing the pains to that.
    Was just wondering whether it was rather early on to be feeling sore??
    I know alot of people in the 30 week range that this seems to occur to, but not many as early as me. (18w)
    thanks

Hey Nicky, I had the same thing from about 20 weeks. Go and see your physio and ask them to strap your tummy and back...this will help if your pain is constant and severe.

Otherwise always try and keep your legs/feet together...especially when getting out of the car, and getting out of bed, and rolling over in bed.

Sleep with a pillow in between your legs too