Thread: Paranoid?

kirsty_lee Guest

Unhappy Paranoid?

I read a post before about a woman losing her baby at 36 weeks, and after asking around a bit I found out some of the reasons for this. How common is it to lose your baby so late in a pregnancy. I always thought it was pretty normal to be worried in the first 4 months or so about miscarriage, but now Im starting to worry about getting closer to the end now as well!!! I'd love for someone to put my mind at ease. My partner is upset with me for reading the "horror" stories as he puts it, but I sort of want to know everything considering this is my first baby, but now I am wondering myself if it was a bad idea cause now im even MORE anxious

Kirsty_Lee: hun in no way did I want to scare you or make you anxious (that is why I put a warning in the title) but I take a bit of offence to the term 'horror story' because it is my story.

I've answered your question in my birth story thread. Feel free to PM me if I can help put your mind at ease any further.

Spring xx

kirsty_lee Guest

Hey spring angel... the reason for the "horror" story was not spose to be in reference to your story darl, im sorry if it came across that way. I've been reading heaps of different stuff and that's what my partner has referred it too. I thought your story was amazing and touching. I'm truly sorry if my words came across as incensitive probably should of worded it better so people would understand that it was my partners sarcasm and manerisms.

Thanks for putting it in context Kirsty_lee

Trust me, searching the net will make you totally paranoid. A runny nose all of a sudden becomes some life threatening illness (lol).

I too am guilty of self diagnosing, so perhaps give youself a break from reading this sort of stuff for a while. It is so easy for our minds to get the better of us, so try to focus on all that is good to put the not-so-good stuff in context.

Spring xx

kirsty_lee Guest

Oh thank god spring! I felt absolutely terrible thinking i had offended you PHEW! But i've pretty much decided to not read any more stuff like that and just let things be. Everything happens for a reason and I truly believe that so I've just got to be positive and enjoy my pregnancy cause up until now it's been so hard to enjoy my pregnancy when i've had my head in a toilet from HORRIBLE morning sickness LOL. Also it is stories like yours which give me the courage not to stress as much in the way that if you can get through that and still be positive then anyone can pretty much do anything. You truly are an inspiration and your little boy is so lucky to have such wonderful and strong parents such as you and your husband, unfortuneately there are so many out there that don't. Thank you so much for your inspiration! xox

I read in one of my pregnancy books that after 12 weeks it's about a 1% chance of suffering a loss - the further along you get, the less likely it is. It can't be predicted so there's no point in worrying about it.

Sometimes, the less you know, the better

Ignorance is bliss as the saying goes!