Thread: Pregnancy Bras!!!

Default Pregnancy Bras!!!

Hello,

I've tried the pregnancy bras, and they are so big!!!!!!! its like i can't breath and feel uncomfortable... And they are "not so pretty".
    But the thing is each time i wear the bra it's like i'm suffocating, as i am always at home and not doing much just lying on sofa or bed, do you think i can afford not to weat it?
    And i use the special cream for firmness everyday.

But when i go for my walkings, i wear it.
    Thanx

Elle McPherson makes some quite pretty ones but I agree not many are particularly attractive! I got some crop top style ones from Target which I liked.

He ti lionne

I am having the same problem!! when i am sitting around the house, i take it off, and i just opted for a larger size rather than specifically pregnancy bra, but just made sure there was no underwire,coz thats not supposed to be good, i forget what the reasoning behind that was, lol but its what i was told by someone!!

i love the 'hot milk' bras. i have 3 of them and i've just ordered another. they're really comfy. maybe you need to go and get professionally fitted? i went to Myer while i was pg and got fitted with bras cos my size had changed so much.

yeah it sounds like you haven't got the right size if you can't breathe!
    Bonds have an awesome singlet/bra which was great.
    Maybe you need to go up a size for the ribcage bit (12, 14, 16) but not the cup size? I definitely go to a GOOD bra shop or Myer/DJ's in a metropolitan area with someone who can fit bras properly.
    Theoretically, the underwire may interfere with milk production, or may cause a blocked duct or similar.
    Feel free to float around the house if that is what works for you! Stretch marks are more from the sudden increase in size than from flopping around is what I understand from the evidence/research i've read. I've stopped breastfeeding but I still wear some of my maternity bras as they are awesome and pretty! You may have to shell out a bit for them though...so make sure they fit!!

well i seem t be the opposite i feel so much more comfy in them. i went for a 14B to a 16D and that is just to 21weeks. i have a little bit of room in the cup/ i had to go up a size to 16 because it was getting too tight.

Yeah i went to Myer and the lady there measure me, and gave me one bit bigger as she said better i have more room rather than buying a new ones every 2 weeks.
    I think it's just the form of the bras that make me like suffocating...

Cos i got scared that my sis got her baby and she scrared me by telling me that my breast will be deform.

I've gone from a 12B to a 14D and felt instant relief once I got proper maternity bras. Feels so much better without an underwire. I was feeling breathless and suffocated (would take bra off as soon as I got home !) before I changed to maternity bras and now Im fine. It sounds as if you havent got a big enough size for your rib cage.

CatherineL Guest

I'd definately not just free ball... I wore a bra just about every minute of the day through my pregnancy even to bed because I was trying to avoid the negative effects of gravity. My boobs were nice and perky prior to pregnancy and despite wearing a bra non stop and applying endless amounts of creams and oils I cannot believe how saggy the ol girls are now despite all my hard efforts! I'd hate to think they'd be even worse if I hadn't have worn a bra at all! :P

gkk33 Guest

Hi,
    I went from size 12DD to 14F in a flash and now being in week 26 I recently got another one in size F16.
    I recently got a Triumph bra with wide sholder straps which is really good. The two other ones I purchased in week 12 were from Brandon and they are quite sexy, so you don't really need to feel like a old gramma even though you have larger breasts. There is a nursing top from the brand "Lovley" that has internal support which is great to wear around the house and when sleeping. Even I can wear it without feeling uncomfortable.
    Would suggest you go to a shop that sells Elly Mcpherson, Brandon or Triumph if you are larger than DD in size. A good bra will help you maintain your posture and also help you avoid bad back and neck problems.
    Some shops I can recommend is the Brandon underwear shop at DFO Brisbane, they are really helpful and prices are not too bad. Also, there is a shop in Braxton Street Fortitude Valley, Brisbane that sells bras for big girls, I think it is called "Big girls dont cry". I have not been there as it is abit out of my way, but others have told me it's a good shop, also again Myers and BNT. The last two can be quite expensive, it is truly worth while shopping around if you fall into the large cup size and have the energy for it. The bras I got at Brandon was $40 each, which is quite reasonable. I know they stock Elly Mcpherson maternity bras as well as their own brand Brandon. Myers always stock alot of Triumph. There is also a warehouse for Triumph somewhere close to Old Cleaveland Road, and another great outlet on the Southside on Logan Road. In the end it is a matter of feeling comfortable and if you can feel sexy at the same time, I say go for it. Hope my advice will help you. Gina

if its for comfort just while ur pregnant, i found that crop tops were a godsend in my 1st pregnancy. theyre a little harder to get into but they stretch and dont dig and rub. then when its time for maternity bras, theyre stretched and impractical you can just chuck them out.

yes, maternity bras are so unattractive, but with heaving leaky bosom, you need full coverage and u dont want anything sheer or lacey as the breast shields will stand out. you dont have to wear them forever, so maybe it is worth the sacrifice without paying megabucks for something 'sexy'. im sure ur hubby is concentrating more on ur different belly rather than what ur bra looks like. he knows you still have sexy ones in the lingerie drawer

At what stage do we need to stop wearing underwire bras? I am 17weeks and have gone up two cup sizes but all the bras I have still have the underwire in them?

Pretty much as soon as you need to buy a new bra, its best to buy one without the underwire. I started wearing at about ten weeks, just soft cup bras but not the feeding ones yet, cos id look silly!!! I have just recently bought new bras and the lady fitting them thinks they should last til labour and through feeding so have got proper maternity bras.
    I have bought three hot milk brand bras, they are a bit different- not the usual unattactive mat bras!! They are sexy and cute and comfy.
    Millsy, i think you should prob get some bras without the underwire soon, as i think the wire can affect your milk ducts from early on in pregnancy.
    Good luck.
    Mel

lbailey Guest

Hi, do your breasts ever stop growing through pregnancy? I read that from about 20 - 24 weeks they won't change much more but then my sister said they do when the milk comes in...
    I just bought HOT MILK ( a NZ brand with a website) bras that are so comfy, not bulky and sexy - styles like cherry bomb and a black and teal one. Very cool. Very different from every other brand around.

Hi lbailey, sounds like we bought the same bras!!! Im not sure how much more ther grow but the lady fitting me said that the milk would come in down across the breast and thats where the extra bit of stretch is in the hot milk bras, and that these would def last. As long as you have bought them with a bit of room, then should be ok The cherry bomb bra is cool!!! Very cute.

Thanks! I went yesterday and bought a couple of the "Lovable" maternity bras and they are really comfy.

I went out and bought two "Lovable" maternity bras from Bras N Things and they are soooo comfy! Much better than wearing my underwire. Unfortunately my bust isn't as "breathtaking" in maternity bras