Thread: sinuses and migraines!

julesy Guest

Default sinuses and migraines!

Hi eveyone!

Ove the last 2 weeks I have slowly developed really bad sinus pain, coughing, and more recently, terrible headaches. I was glad when the nausea abated, but now it's been replaced with this!

Has anyone else ever had terrible sinus pain and excess mucous production in a pregnancy? This is my first pg so I don't really know what to expect. My ob said to take regular panadol, but I don't really want to take that much medication.

Is there a natural remedy for headaches and sinus pain???

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Julesy :smt100

Hey there,

I had sinus and runny nose symptoms but i think it was just the flu. Last night i had a killer headache.
    Only remedy i have heard of that is safe is Panadol. Even when i had the flu... chemist said all i can take is panadol and drink lots of water.. throat lozengers are also unfortunately out of the question.

Best of Luck

Hi there,

Ive had all this too, unfortunately only allowed to take Panadol. However I seem to have a cold now and have the most horrible sore throat at the moment, I was told my mothersafe it was ok to take Difflam throat lozenges.

Bel

Hi Julesy,

Yes I had that too ... quite full on at the start when I had morning sickness and it was making me feel even more nauseous so I completely sympathise.

If you want a simple natural remedy, you can always try just a few drops of eucalyptus oil in warm water, head under towel and inhale. Should relieve some of that pressure in your sinuses and clear your head a bit.

I also use a non-medicated nasal spray called FESS but there are a few others around too. Basically, it's a buffered saline spray so it's safe to use. If it gets really bad though, check with the pharmacist or your doctor. Mine said it was okay to take one of the medicated sprays and I did use that one for a while but thanks to my preg brain, I cannot remember which one it was! (I think it may have been Rhinocort). The doctor told me if it's a category A drug, it's fine in pg.

Good luck with it.

Mel

Hey Bel,

My father in law went to the chemist for me while i was sick and was told you can also have Lemsip to ease a sore throat as it only has paracetamol in it (same as taking one panadol.. either that or tea can help.

julesy Guest

Thanks guys. I guess there are lots of things in pregnancy we just have to 'put up with'. I'd love to say I'm one of those women who 'just love being pregnant', but for the moment it doesn't seem to be a phrase that comes to mind. I sincerely hope it all settles down soon, because I would love to enjoy my pregnancy. I've wanted it for so long!!

Thanks for the tips. Have bought some FESS which seems to be working, and the panadol is stocked in the cupboard. Yeeha!

juelsy
    [-o<

Haven't had much sinus probs but have had a bit of a stuffy nose since I got preg, which is quite annoying.
    But the headaches I have been getting. They always start on the left temple and if I don't take panadol straight away they will get worse and worse til they end up as a migraine.
    I hate taking medication, even though it is only panadol but I know it will get worse if I don't.
    Also for strong headaches I also put cold facewasher at the back of my neck, that also helps soothe a little bit.

julesy Guest

How bizarre! My headaches start on the left hand side of my tample too! Regular panadol has kept it in line, but thankfully I haven't had to take anything this morning. Fingers crossed it stays away!!

I had my first ever migraine during my first pregnancy. The reason for this is that the back of your neck softens (the muscles or something) and can cause migraine. I just had panadol which did nothing, and really had to wait out for 48 hours till it went. Also had my 2nd one when DD was 6 months. Didn't have any migraines second pregnancy, so don't think it will necessarily be the same for any further pregnancies. Hope you're ok and not suffering too much. xoxo