Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleeping Problems

Leah Guest

Default Sleeping Problems

HI GIRLS,

I was wanting to know if anyone is having the same problem as me.

My problem is attempt go to bed after a busy day - I am that tired I can barely keep my eyes open and they are stinging. However once I am in bed I cannot go to sleep I lay there tossing and turning usually for a couple of hours.
    Once Iam asleep it is fine I sleep really well until my little one wakes in the morning which is usually when I am in my deepest sleep. I have to pretty much drag myself out in the mornings. Having said that the last few days I have been fine. Lets hope it continues.
    I don't know what I can do to help myself get to sleep without the tossing and turning being involved. If anyone has any suggestions it will be greatly taken on board.
    Hope you are all going well. Take care Leah

Hi Leah

I don`t have any suggestions but I have had problems getting to sleep at times and would still be awake at 1am, then Dh gets up at 2.30am to milk the cows,gets back at 5am and when he eventually rises he says how tired he is but in fact has had more sleep then myself when I have nights like this.

So I know exactly how frustrating it can be, I just lay there hoping and praying I get to sleep sometime, I`m putting it down to a pg thing but don`t know hopefully others can advise us.

Take Care

Deeanne

Leah Guest

Hi Deeanne,

Thanks it's good to know I am not the only one going through this.

Frustrating that's for sure. Just had a thought, you know when babies get over tired it takes them a lot longer to settle down then what it normally would. I'm wondering if the same thing is causing us to have these problems. Maybe it is because we are in fact over tired too. I know that may sound strange but it's just a thought.
    Well I am still looking forward to all the advise others can give us.
    P.S You don't live that far away from where I do- well maybe half hour or so.

Hi Leah

Yeah it could be because we`re overtired, it will be interesting to see what others think.

We`re not too far apart are we - where abouts in Lake Macquarie are you (you don`t have to tell me - just tell me not to be so damn nosey)

Deeanne

Leah Guest

Deeanne,

I am living at Bonnells Bay at the moment while we are building our dream home. It's a great area here. We moved up from Point Clare down near Gosford if you don't know where that is.
    When is your bub due again?

Leah

I had the same problem all through my pregancy.....incredible tiredness, but I found it very tricky to "switch off" and relax my mind and body enough to go to sleep.

My DH bought me a CD of relaxing "Sleep" music and even this didn't work, but as we had the CD player set up in our bedroom I tired other CD's to help me wind-down. This sounds a littel extreme, but bear with me! The one that absolutely worked for me was a hypnotherapy CD that I had used years before (for giving up smoking!). Call me mad, but the ladies voice and the breathing excercises & the "dolphin like" sounds and music worked in minutes.

I still use theis CD now and am usually fast asleep within a few minutes...the habit and the breathing etc really work.

So my suggestion would be to get a hypnotherapy style CD and try it for a week.

Maybe look for a self hypnosis CD (they would all be available from Amazon, or Angus and Robertson). There is one called "Mummy Hypno" which is for relaxing pregnant woment and helping you to relax and enjoy the pregnancy and to relax enough to actually sleep.

Best of luck,

Leah Guest

Lucy

Thanks for that advice it is certainly worth a go, next time I am at a book store I will have a look for that CD.
    I will let you know how we go, fingers crossed it will work just as good for me as it appears to for you.

Once again thanks. Take care Leah

Have you tried Lavender? A bit of lavender oil on a tissue or a sprig in your pillow case can do wonders!

Tanya

Leah Guest

Hi Tanya,

No I haven't tried lavendar oil. What a great idea that's another thing they use to settle the bubs and it works for them so hey it would more then likely work for us.
    Will try it and let you know how I go. Thanks take care Leah.

Can I join the not sleeping club too!! I go to bed & just can't get comfortable, then when I finally get to sleep I am up at least twice (sometimes up to 5 times) during the night to go to the toilet. It drives me nuts!!

I tried lavendar oil for headaches, but didn't realise it's good for sleeping too - thanks for that Tanya The only thing is, be careful if you have sensitive skin, I put some diluted lavandar oil on my temples as directed in my alternative pregnancy book, but it BURNED like crazy.

Leah Guest

Hi Sarah.

Yeah why not join in the not sleeping club, seems as though there are a few of us all going through the same restlessness. I think our bodies are trying to get us used to the restless nights that lay ahead. Those being after the bub has arrived.
    I am normally a big stomach sleeper but I can't even get comfy laying like that either and it is not as comfy as it used to be. Oh well it's all worth it in the long run.
    Take care Leah. Hopefully one day soon our not sleeping club will be renamed the sleeping club.

LOL at renaming our club - I would loooove that!!

I have found too that I don't like sleeping on my stomach either at the moment. My problem is too that I can't sleep on my right side cos of a shoulder injury from a car accident - so I have my left side or my back & I have never liked sleeping on my back!

But like you said, it's all worth it in the long run.

Leah Guest

Sarah,

Geez that makes it all the more difficult for you not being able to sleep on the right. You must be running out of ways to sleep comfortably.
    Sleeping on my stomach I think is worse now to that my bb's are so sore and big, they seem to get in the way. Just what you needed to know sorry about that.
    My little one is 2 now and he was worth every bit of discomfort, and it's the same this time. You seem to forget everything that happened whilst pg as soon as your bubba is in your arms.

Bye Leah

A whole club for not sleeping - sounds liek something I need to join!

3 wees a night aint much fun, and try having a partner with a dreaded cough!! Plus two cats that just like to sleep all over me.

Finding I have to sleep on my side which I hate cause I get a sore neck. Love sleeping on my tummy, but broke myslef out of that habit about 2 years ago when I was getting regular back problems. Not I'm a back (note starfish) girl!

Oh well - all stuff to get used to I spose - maybe this is natures way of getting us ready for 2am feeds??

Fiona

Every night i have trouble sleeping. Plus for me it takes about 7 turns just to roll over to the other side! It's very annoying. Especially as soon as i want to sleep, bubs starts kicking for about an hour!

When I cant get to sleep I would count back from 300 or sing that song "99 green bottles sitting on the wall" that song is so damn boring I can't ever remember hitting the 70's LOL

Love :hbeat:

if theres one thing im good at its sleeping!!! hehe

sorry i dont have any help, just ask anthony i never have a problem falling asleep, its the waking up that i have a problem with, i never feel refreshed because latley ive had to get up a thousand times during the night to pee.. but falling asleep ive never had a problem

i hope u can all have a good nights sleep soon!!

take care
    Lesley

Leah Guest

Hi All,

Hope you are all going along nicely and maybe even catching a few z's at night now. The last two night for me have been really good, that is it's only taking about 1 hour for me to drift off to sleep rather then 3-4. Much happier.

Sounds all to familiar bub kicking and playing just as you have got comfy and about to flake it. That is exactly what happen to me through my last pregnancy. At least we know they are ok in there when they are kicking etc etc, if only they knew that this is the time mum's trying to get some rest.

Well hope you all have a great weekend and I'll catch up later. Take care Leah

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast