Thread: Small baby test

Default Small baby test

I was just wondering if anyone else has been tested for a syndrome that causes their babies to be smaller than usual. My Ob did tell me the name of it, but it was that long that I can't remember... I know it was "anti.........." something.

The reason I was asking is so I can find out more info about it. I was told it prevents the baby from grwoing as well in the last 3 months of pregnancy. My DD was just borderline smaller than normal when born according to my ob, 2790g. So she is testing to see if I have this syndrome. I know with DD I didn't have very much fluid and my uterus didn't really grow past about 31-33 weeks in size. Is any of this a factor in the symdrome....

Hopefully Alan sees this, lol

Ive not ever heard of it sorry......

Was your DD born at term?

yup DD was full term... a few days over

Wow she was a small lil tike. My DD was 3 days early and was 3385gm....

Could you be talking about Intra Uterine Growth Restriction known as IUGR?
    Intrauterine growth restriction ("IUGR," for short) is a term for a baby who is smaller than normal during pregnancy. The baby is not growing inside the uterus at the normal rate. These babies usually have a low weight at birth.

I haven't heard of it either. Unless it is like Ambah said IUGR. But can they test for that so early?

Emma was also 2.7kg, but she was 3 weeks early.

i know it was called anti(something).. The name was a mile long and just 1 word i think... I didn't ask the Ob to repeat it because I knew I could never remember it, lol. should have got her to write it down I guess... I will just keep searching and maybe hope that alan reads this post, lol
    This symdrome prevents the baby from growing properly in the last 3 months of pregnancy. Not sure if IUGR is the full gestation or not..