Thread: Sore tummy, spicy food??

Question Sore tummy, spicy food??

Hi everyone,

Yesterday afternoon I had some terrible tummy pain. It moved all around the tummy upper and lower and I felt a burning sensation under my breast bone. I had udon noodles for lunch that had some chilli in it. Does anyone have problems with spicy food or wheat based food? It stopped after an hour but it was a terrible sensation. I didn't have much water yesterday either, does this ever affect your tummy pains and constipation?

How can I tell the difference between cramps and an upser stomach? I'm such a worry wart

My baby does NOT like spicy food. I used to love hot food, but not anymore! I get stomach pains and SUCH bad toilet. I find peppermint tea helps digestion and also priobiotics (eg yakult or something) help if I get bad indigestion. Water affects me loads, actually, as well, even before I was pregnant. Would get a tight, sore stomach. I drink a lot of water so I really miss it if I don't get it!!

Hope you're feeling better now.

Hi Jan, yeah I hope you are better now too. I would think it was a reaction to the spicey noodles - especially the burning sensation. I reckon the lack of water would have played a part too - I know everyone's different, but they say to keep you regular you should have plenty of fluids. So if your tummy was feeling unsettled anyway, probably the lack of water wouldn't have helped.
    As for the worrying, I know what you mean. It's just one of those things, isn't it? You want everything to be ok and when you get a twinge of something that doesn't feel right, you panic! I'm the same. Sometimes it's hard to keep in mind the huge changes that are taking place in our bodies and how that's bound to feel strange at times. Take care.

I find bread gives me wrose burning than spicy food. Had a curry one day last week for lunch and there was no problems with that. But had some yummy fresh bread on the weekend and the bread was so tasty but boy did I regret it later on!

I find water helps, and also milk too.

pint Guest

I agree with the fluid. I drink about 2 litres or more a day (I hate the other half of it)

I continue to eat spicy food cos I loooove it

I assume cramps is something which is far more painful than tummy pains/aches. But I also realised that the tummy hunger pain is different as to when I am pregnant - wierd