Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stretch Marks

frankie Guest

Default Stretch Marks

Hey guys,

Im 23 weeks and my stretch marks are getting worse there on my belly from my pubic bone upwards to my belly, i know this is b'cos im young and have tighter skin.Does anyone have any special creams that they use to lighten them? Im currently using cocoa butter its kinda working.

Any suggestions would help:angel2:

The Palmers stretch mark creams have been recommended to me by a number of women. I'm using the body butter - it's lovely and I'm starting early in the hope that it works.

frankie Guest

hey thanks heaps.

congrats on your bub by the way.

I think im using the same cream.

Use Bio Oil.. I have stretchies from my previous pg and it has really made them fade away. It is not oily like the name suggests and absorbs into the skin quickly and smells just devine.
    It's about $24 for 120ml at Big W and some chemists..

I also heard bio oil is great
    I am using 3 different sorts at the moment (got lots for xmas!!!) Palmers stretch marks - which is great but has a weird smell not like the other palmers products
    babybee mother to be bellybalm - which is beeswax, nuts oils and butter ... it is nice but harder to spread over the belly in these early stages
    and also a home made one from a friend who is a beautician, called mummy's tummy.. have no idea what's in it but it smells nice and spreads easily.... hoping they all work as my skin seems to scar easily!!

Ive been using johnsons baby oil since i found out i was pg, and i have been rubbing it in every evening on my belly and bb, i however forgot to do my legs and now im getting them on my thighs, so the oil must be working where i apply it.
    Guess im gonna do it all over from now on lol.

frankie Guest

wow,

thanks guys thats really helpful, the palmers cream is fading them slightly but im really starting to get anxious on the way there looking, i dont feel as sexy as i used to for my partner. they look really red sometimes. I guess its just insecurities.

thanks

Frankie, i use a combination of both the palmers butter and the bio oil. So far ok but i know im probably going to get them...big time. I have some spidery veins on the sides of my belly, just not full blown stretch marks yet. Did you have them on your tum before you were pregnant???
    I know its hard to feel sexy and attractive to ur partner sometimes when you are pregnant, but if he loves you (and im sure he does), then he will love you marks or not. Good luck xx
    Mel

kirsty_lee Guest

I've been using palmers too! unfortuneatly hasn't magically made them disappeard but made them fade ALOT which is good.. congrats on the pregnancy btw

I used a Bio-Oil and Palmers combo too - I would kind of drip the oil over my belly first and then rub the Palmers over the top. Didnt think to do my thighs or bb's though and thats where the worst concentration of mine are!
    Good luck!!

kirsty_lee Guest

LOL tanstar... Im the same I didnt think about my thighs or legs either just concentrated on the belly and then i was like woops spose i better be doing it all then hey.. but that's only been in the past couple of weeks. But this heat does not help cause i swear when putting on moisturiser on it just feels like it's melting back off again!!! which sucks cause sweat and moisturiser is not pleasent feeling at all.

frankie Guest

hey guys,

thanks heaps. I bought a new palmers pack on the weekend with oils and cream. Hoping it will work. I had a few but not enough to mention before i was pg. honestly they are fading, so icant complin too much.
    I know my dp inside and out and i know he doesnt care, its all just in my head. he'd love me if i grew a beard im sure but lets hope that doesnt happen.hehehehe

I used the palmers stretch mark cream while PG with DD & I didn't end up getting any stretch marks at all. I used it on my tummy, thighs, bottom & BB's. I'm using it again this PG as I loved it so much!

Looks like I'll have to go buy some.

Did you use it from the begining or just when you noticed the marks?

I also used bi-oil in my first pregnancy and had only one strech mark. It was down near my pelvic bone so didn't really care. I have been using again during this pregnancy, so fingers crossed I don't get any again!!

Skittle If that question was for me, I used it probably from about 8 - 12 weeks & didnt even use it every day, maybe every 2 or 3 days. So I'm really happy with it

I used the normal Palmers Cocoa Butter. The stretch mrk one smelt funny and the smell was off-putting especially when I had m/s. I didnt get any stretch marks at all... but I do think that if youre going to get them, you will and theres not much you can do to stop them altogteher, although you can reduce their severity with these skin products

Lol about growing the beard though I had some hormonal hair growth on my chin when pregnant!! I used to joke I was growing a beard!

Quote Originally Posted by Karina View Post
    but I do think that if youre going to get them, you will and theres not much you can do to stop them altogteher, although you can reduce their severity with these skin products
    Yes I agree on that. Unfortunately some woman do get them no matter which product they use & how often. Others can use nothing at all & get none. It's the luck of the draw I guess...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast