Thread: Stretch Marks?????!!

Default Stretch Marks?????!!

What do you use for stretch marks??

Do you have any??

Does anything work??

How much weight have you put on so far????

I've just been using a sorbolene with Vitamin E cream after every shower but then again this is a habit I've always had, not just since I got pregnant. I think it has helped. I also think drinking lots of water is good too.

I don't have any stretchmarks over my belly. I've just got 3 small ones on the bottom half of my boobs and thats it.

So far, I've put on 9kg.

If you are prone to getting stretch marks then you are going to get them regardless of what wizz-bang treatment you put on your skin to prevent them. Although it doesn't hurt to keep your skin moisturised anyway as when your tummy gets bigger it can get really dry and itchy. With my first pg I didn't get them till 35wks, and they have gotten worse each time lol.

I agree with Trillian, if your going to get them, you will, but moisturising is still a good thing to do. I got all mine when i was pregnant with my first, im now pregnant with my 5th and havent got any new one's I've only put on 5 kg's though, so that has probably helped.

Lea x

Hi,
    I definately Plamers Cocoa Butter Tummy Butter for stretch marks... you get it from the chemist in little tubs. It may not help if you're prone to them (although I didn't get any and I used it the whole way through) but it's thick and luxurious and smells totally divine!!

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

I have bought Bio oil but as others have said if u r prone u will get them!!

I had them pre preg and have a few more but i forget to use oil to minamise them!!!

i also have the palmers coco butter havent used it yet thought.

Oh I used the BioOil for a bit too but I swapped to cocoa butter coz I was starting to feel like a chicken or something... oiling myself up every night

I use a cream called Happy Event. I had a small amount of very faint lines on my thighs before my pregnancies but now nothing since using this cream. I used it with DS and so far in this pregnacy also i havent got any stretch marks at all on my belly or boobs. A girlfriend recommended it to me after she used it and didnt get any and also her SIL used it with her second pregnancy (she got stretch marks with her first) and didnt get any either.
    You can get it at the chemist. Its in a white box with purple writing in the baby section usually or with the other stretch mark/prenatal creams.

ETA.. ive put on 10kgs so far at 29 weeks.
    Last edited by ShootingStar; May 10th, 2008 at 07:38 PM.

Thanks ladies..

I got them with DS.. on boobs and belly.. I just wondered if anything made you feel any better or actually reduced them at all..

I am trying to drink more water but pee like a trooper which I cant stand!!
    I put on 40kg with DS and lost 50kg in 5 weeks after birth...due to preaclampsia... so I am trying to be fitter and healthier this time.

Does Palmers Coco smell nice?

I didn't get any. Mind you, I was a little overweight to start with but only put on 6kg so maybe my skin didn't have to stretch too much. But I also birthed an 8lb 10oz baby after two hours of pushing and only had two tiny stitches so I think I just have stretchy skin.

Didn't use anything - I do think there's nothing you can do.

I have been using palmers coco butter (the one for stretch marks since about week 12). I have no stretch marks on my belly yet, but my boobs are just covered in them!!! that happened before moisturising though - the ol' boobies went up like balloons within the first few weeks of finding out we were pregnant!

Right now I'm using Nivea Moisturising Milk, which I actually really like. It's the only thing I could find here in East Africa that didn't cost a fortune. I used Brazil Nut Butter from the Body Shop last time and was really happy with it. I got stretch marks on my belly a couple weeks before giving birth and on my boobs the day my milk came in. So far at 19 weeks, I've gained 3kg but had morning sickness until just recently.

I've been alternating between Clarins Tonic Oil and Lush Body Bar - both smell devine and so far no sign of stratch marks - keeping fingers crossed.

I use the doctor palmers & did with DD aswell (no stretch marks from that PG) I only use it every few days but as the others have said I think if you're proned to them you will get them either way.

I have heard good things about bio oil helping to REDUCE stretch marks so maybe give that a go??

This pregnancy I've been losing weight & putting little bits on, so up & down. Still under my starting weight so I cant really say how much I've put on sorry.

I think from what you've said (drinking water etc) you're doing a good job of minimising your chances of stretch marks

I always thought I was prone to stretch marks, I got them bad on my hips, thighs and boobs when I was about 12 years old - hit good old puberty pretty hard!

So from about 15 weeks or so I have used bio oil morning and night on my hips, tummy and boobs and not one stretch mark! I'm very pleased, the skin on my tummy is great - so smooth and soft, it's also helped the condition of my existing stretch marks. It has been a bit costly but I use it sparingly and it's so worth it!

You want to know the secret to not getting stretch marks........ grow slowly!!!

Its one thing you can't get a handle on either - you will either put on weight rapidly (like the mammoth booby growth some of the girls have talked about) or you will do it at a steady pace. Its the same principle when in labour and they tell you to pant not push so that the skin can stretch without tearing.

I have sadly put on 17kg so far however it has been a pretty steady run and I don't have any stretch marks yet. I was using Palmers Cocoa Butter but it was more of a thing that DP could do to feel useful and made my skin so soft and nice.

My biggest tip to you is yes moisturise every day but keep up a healthy diet and exercise to prevent from putting on extra unneccessary kgs (like I have). If bubs has a quick growth spurt though chances are you will get belly stretch marks.