Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sugar Blood Test

I have mine on Monday.
    I just asked my sister what she had to do, she said yeh you drink the stuff and have to wait an hour or so.. joy.. that will be fun.. an hour in the waiting room! Are you allowed to go to the bathroom in that hour?
    She said she didnt have to fast or anything. But she had a scon with jam on it before hand and the jam made her sugar levels look really high and she had to go back and do another.. so if you do eat before hand, make sure its nothing sweet!

Lorin Guest

Hmm so vegemite and butter should be Ok On toast

Hi Kell, yes you can go to the bathroom while you wait, I had to go twice! during 3 hrs. you just arent allowed to move much or eat or drink anything during the time except for the glucose test.

Chrissy - im 34 too, I had to do the GTT due to my high insulin levels from PCOS.

Ssmiles - any news on your results?

Bel

3 hours? is that a different test to the short glucose test? I was told its only 1 hour?

Kell - Yes there are 2 different types of glucose tests. A 1 hour and a 3 hour.

Hi Bel (Bin123)...nope I have to wait till probably Tuesday before I get my test results... I hope it's all okay, I don't have any reason to think it won't be but I guess anything is possible.

Hi Kellxx - good luck with your test on Monday!

Thanks Sherie. I hope your results are better than mine!

Well, i had my short glucose test and it came back high at 9.4. I have to go for the long on one monday. Ive posted a thread about it in the 3rd trimester area.
    Im kinda getting worried and scared about it all. Im a worry wart i know.. but i just cant help it

Kell, im so sorry to hear about your results I posted a reply in your thread in the 3rd Tri section.. Im sending you big hugs and best wishes passing the 2nd test..

Sherie - any news? or you maybe get the results tomorrow. Let me know.

Bel
    xxx

Hi girls! Nope, no results yet...I'll phone the doctor later today after a lovely 5 hour meeting I have to attend... Hopefully all is good...I'll post the results here after I get them if you like. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed...

Kell - I also posted in your other thread...I hope things will be okay with your next test...good luck!

Goodluck Sherie! let us know, I dont know how you can do I 5 hour meeting I would be falling asleep inbetween all the bathroom visits!

Bel
    xxx

Lorin Guest

Do you have to do Urine sample while at the 1 hr testing at all. My mum said they used to have too.

Thanks guys.. i guess ill see what happens next monday..

Hi Lorin.. no they give you that sugar drink.. very much like carbonated lemonade.. you drink it then go back to them in an hour and then wash your hands and they prlck your finger, get some blood and put it into a machine thingy which gives your reading. Didnt have to do a urine test at all..

Lorin Guest

What, they jab my finger????????????????????????????
    OMG OMG OMG I HATE HOSE THINGS
    I thought it was a blood test like suck blood from your arm!

OMG so its not an actually blood test from your arm?? Even with the 3 blood tests?? Pleeeease let it be a jab test for me.

I think I have to have a BT anyway, to do my 6 month blood work.

The Short Glucose Tolerance Test (the 1 hour one) wasnt a full blood test no, just a finger prlck. Not sure about the long one but i was suppose to have a ruitine 28 week blood test yesterday aswell for blood count or something which theyre now just going to do at the same time as i do the Long Glucose Tolerance Test on Monday.

I am having mine on Monday too..

eeew cant wait for it to be over.

Good luck !

I got my results of my GCT...luckily it is all okay...I got a reading of 7 (they said anything under 7.8 is okay). And my iron etc was all good too. Yay, I was worrying for nothing...

Good luck girls, I hope your results come back okay!

Lorin Guest

Thanks Kate, i am not looking forward to it but i cant wait till its over and done with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12