Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Urgent Help - only 1 hour to go!!!!

Exclamation Urgent Help - only 1 hour to go!!!!

I have 1 hour left until DH gets home to plead my final plea to find out the gender of our bub tomorrow.

He is so totally a NO! as he says it will ruin the surprise and then the birth wont be special

So i need arguments on the PRO side...... as i think i really do want to find out.. this will be our last child

Please help

kirsty_lee Guest

Ohhh noo tough one darl... Well is there anyway you can find out and just not tell him? But here were our pro's when we had our bubs...

Don't have to buy all yellow!
    Can make it easier to pick out names
    Decorate the nursery according to sex
    And have time to adjust if you have your heart set on a particular sex

Plus im totally impatient and would NOT have been able to wait LOL

Deciding the name - why have a 5-month battle over a girl's name when you have a boy?

Getting the "right" colour clothes washed and ready.

Coming to terms with the gender - maybe you want a specific one to match the rest of the family.

Who's giving birth anyway? It's pretty d*mn special to you no matter if you know the gender or not!

Good luck!

lol
    mine are:

we can focus on name (like you said)
    i can decorate the nursey
    i can get DD used to hearing the new bubs name around the house

If you are wanting a particular sex & you bub doesn't turn out to be the colour you were hoping you could be very depressed after the birth... (my SIL used that)

Otherwise, like the other ladies said clothes are easier & cheaper to buy when you know the colour & you wont be making him run out at the last minute to buy blue or pink.

lastly, it helps to know if you want to buy nappies in bulk, i.e. coles have a sale at the moment buy 2 for a cheaper price but you really need to know whether it's blue or pink for comfort reasons.

Hope that helps you

PMSL - don't you mean to colour-co-ordinate the nappies? DS has blue nappies, I'd have to buy in some pink for a girl. OK, so most are white/cream but there are blue covers and blue nappies and girls would need pink and flowers and fairies and cr*p like that (OK, I have ONE pink and ONE lilac nappy, but I need more than that!)... I want to buy more nappies, can't you tell LOL.

How about "I'll find out and not tell you so you can have your special birth?" or "How about I give birth without you, that's what I want... so I get the gender now or the birth alone, up to you which you want me to give on."

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Jay View Post
    lastly, it helps to know if you want to buy nappies in bulk, i.e. coles have a sale at the moment buy 2 for a cheaper price but you really need to know whether it's blue or pink for comfort reasons.
    But newborn ones are green (unisex)!! Plus, if you go with a different brand, alot of them are unisex these days!

I wanted to know, but the sonographer wasn't certain!

Did you find out, PinkPalace?

Hi girls
    Well i tried again to convince DH and well he didnt really say anything...

I pleaded my best argument (thats for the advice! lol).
    And he did say... ' you can find out' and i think omg what is that!!

The scan is at 4 today - i pick up DH at 345 so will see i guess if he was convinced

Quote Originally Posted by mountain mummy View Post
    But newborn ones are green (unisex)!! Plus, if you go with a different brand, alot of them are unisex these days!

I wanted to know, but the sonographer wasn't certain!
    Haha yes, newborn are green, I was thinking more along the lines of infant & crawler... I like to be prepared well in advance (when I can afford it).

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPalace View Post
    Hi girls
    Well i tried again to convince DH and well he didnt really say anything...

I pleaded my best argument (thats for the advice! lol).
    And he did say... ' you can find out' and i think omg what is that!!

The scan is at 4 today - i pick up DH at 345 so will see i guess if he was convinced
    Ohh Congrats! hope you share it with us after...

I actually agree with your DH. I think it's more exciting to wait to find out after baby is born.

Ha ha at the same time I'm super curious to find out if you found out

Its not so much the excitement i am looking for more the help knowing will be with adjusting my daughter to a newborn!

HOW EXCITING>> let us know how you go!

Well I personally love finding out!!! Makes the journey so nice being able to say she or he rather than baby or it.

Cant wait to hear what you are having!

Jo

I found out for my daughters benefit, and I can tell you it was just as exciting as when we had a suprise. After all, it's always going to be a suprise regardless of when lyou find out. Good luck xo

Yay pink palce not long now, fantastic news on being able to find out what bub's is, I told my husband I'm finding out and if he doesn't want to kinow to block his ears, but like me he just as excited to know what's cooking in the bubby womb. Hopefully my scan on the 5th will confirm it's a boy and we'll start to organise the nursery! I'll catch up with you soon!

good luck with your scan today

I told my DH that I wanted to find out before everyone else did, as I am having an elective c/s this time round because of last birth. So he understood this! phew.

Cant wait to hear!!!

Bel
    xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast