Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's happened to my SKIN????

Default What's happened to my SKIN????

Hi - just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. In the last week I have developed really awful skin. It is a MAJOR breakout, with about 8 large pimples on my chin and one cheek... they are red and sore, not with whiteheads or anything (sorry if TMI). I have done a couple of face masks and have been taking care of my skin but not helping. have not noticed more, but they also dont seem to be going away. I think I read that this canhappen in preg, but why to me - I dont know anyone else this has happened with? I thought I was supposed to look gorgeous and glowing, not with worse skin than I have EVER had. Pls tell me if this happened to you, what helped and also how long it lasted for (pls tell me it didnt stay for the rest of the pregnancy!!). Thanks!

Yeah I had gross skin for a little while too and felt ripped off! Exactly as you said - where's my lovely glow??!!

I actually got a lot of pimples on my back, really big red ones that were just impossible to hide in summer, but they faded on their own and fairly early into the second trimester they were all gone. I just made sure I washed my back well in the shower so my skin wasn't oily but in the end they just went by themselves.

The skin on my face gets quite dry and red during pregnancy and I even peel a little bit... and unfortunately this lasts my whole pregnancy! Yuck!

Hope it goes away for you quickly.

Jo

I am going through exactly the same thing!
    My back is full of pimples and now they're spreading up my neck and behind my ears. Some look like a rash, others are very pimple like - I read there are some over the counter acne treatments that are ok to use while pregnant, I was thinking of giving that a go.....

My skin wasn't too bad. A friend of mine though had really bad acne breakout all over her face. I think from memory it did get better further along.

My skin has gone gross after having bubs!!

Hmmm, well i had good skin in the 1st tri, which seems to be when most of you have had breakouts??!!! I hope it goes soon, it makes me feel awful!!!
    Interesting theory princess??? Did my baby just change gender!!!???? LOL!!! I am finding out gender (hopefully) on Sat so I willkeep it in mind. maybe they will just look at my chin and cheeks and know it is a boy!!!

Kate P - let me know if anything you get works. I have been usingmy regular dermalogica stuff but i can switch if something will clear them up. Maybe I should treat myself to a facial!

I always get really bad acne when pg. The glowing thing definitely doesn't happen to me! i look terrible. My face breaks out & I have fine pimples all over my back - gross! And I'm afraid it actually got worse for me in the early days of bf..

AS for products - I love dermalogica too. But I wouldn't go & buy anything too new or expensive, as it is hormonal, not topical. So if you find something that makes it feel good, that's great, but it will probably just remedy itself once your hormones settle down (whenever that is!)

Pregpan, my skin has been shocking this time too. I don't remember it being so dry with the other three. I have a few red pimples on my face too ATM and they rarely turn into anything, but they do go away. I brought a Vitamin E facial cleanser to use in the shower with a soft exfoliating brush and it has worked wonders for me and I use a Vitamin E night cream after I get out and while I still have the breakouts, my skin does look a whole lot better.

thanks for the tips - i am doing a facial steam now and will see how that goes. it is just one of those things that gets me down more than it should - i know i am vain!
    vit e could be good... may try that too sherie.

Hi All - well the steaming seems to have helped, or maybe it was the passage of time... theya re still there but a lot better this morning!!! I am booked in for a facial later anyway - I was so down about it yest that I have decided while my skin is like this I will treat myself - so hopefully it will clear a little soon.So if any of you have the same prob i suggest you do a gentle steaming and then wash your face as normal - it has def cleared up a lot of the congested feeling and pressure/soreness.

Well, my face has been fine for most of my pregnancy but I have been getting increased pimples on my chest, arms & thighs. Nothing too big and infected looking, but quite a lot of red spots.
    I have heard the opposite of the old wives tale mentioned above: If your skin is fine, you're having a boy, if your skin goes bad, you're having a girl, because girls steal their mothers' beauty... hmmm.....

i also heard bad skin = girl.

My skin went through a real rough patch a couple of weeks ago, i was getting pimples where in places i've never had them before! It seems to be clearing up now, though still not 100%. So I know exactly how you are feeling!

When pregnant with DS my skin was horrible i had constant pimples on my face and in my clevage funny thing was that even though i didnt look so good i felt great.
    This time around pregnant with DD my skin looks magnificent (even if i do say so myself! LOL) ive never had such radiant glowing skin, my hair is also so beautiful and shiny (never even when not pregnant has everything looked so good) but i dont feel as good as i did with DS??? Funny how different it is for everyone!

Me too, me too! I have had nasty cyst-like pimples on my chin and cheeks and I'm nearing the end of the first trimester. Haven't had such a nasty breakout before. Feel I'm looking as pubescent as some of the kids at the school where I'm teaching. Not good!!

At the very beginning of my pregnancy, people say I have the 'pregnancy glow'. Then, at week 10, my face started to break out.... LOTS OF RED PUMPS ON MY FOREHEAD.... I broke out in tears because they were so painful every time I wash my face. When I saw my Ob, she advised me to use "Effaclare" by La Roche Posay which help to lessen the acne... of course, they are not 100% gone, but seemed to have calm down for two weeks. Now, I still have this dilemma and will need to live with it until birth of my baby... In the mean time, I also go to have regular facials, but apparently, no amount of facials will help to lessen the red pumps because they are caused by high levels of hormones in our body!

My skin went mega bad, worse than ive ever had before and now its just consentrated on the sides of my neck up under the jaw line but they are slowly going away. I just washed my face each day with a gentle exfoliating wash and used a sunscreen+moisturisor if I was going outside or just a light moisturisor if I wasnt going out in the sun much that day and just whiped my face with a damp cloth and towel dry before bed it has gotten a lot better. I tried a lot of different treatments and found using just one gentle exfoliant works best for me or my skin dries out too much and looks like rashes and pimples. While you are at your facial ask the people that work there what they would recommend for your skin type and how you've reacted to things thus far.

I knew something was different when I started getting pimples on my arms. 2 weeks later I found I was pregnant. Now I get them everywhere. Hormones… lovely aren’t they?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast