Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats making you crazy...

JadeTara Guest

Default Whats making you crazy...

People keep saying that I look so small for my dates, its driving me crazy. :mad:
    I keep telling them that the sonographer said my baby is of perfect length at the 19week scan and I should feel lucky that being smaller for longer means not too long of being uncomfortabley big.
    Still they say "Oh but I was heaps bigger than you at that stage" and I start getting paranoid.
    She certainly feels like she is getting bigger and stronger judging by the harder kicks and different areas she now kicks in...hmm.
    Anyway, what are people saying to annoy you at the moment?

dont worry Jade i was constantly told throught my pregnancy that i was small, and yes got very sick of it!!!!! even in labour was told baby was small, told when she was being weighed wouldnt be over 7lb, well she was 7lb 5oz!! so not small at all. i was just very compact only out on 11 kg which was all baby, lost 8kg inthe first week. im not a big person, so i wouldnt worry, my doctor was never worried even though i always measured behind for my weeks, just remember everyone is different.

mum5boys Guest

I am only a small build and I have always had people say" you are only small aren't you, I was heaps bigger than that". This time I am getting a combination of " wow, you look pretty big for 22 wks and "gee your only tiny aren't you".
    It used to annoy me now I just laugh and say"DO YOU THINK SO".
    The one thing people say which is driving me crazy at the moment is" You must be trying for a girl after all those boys and my response is 'NO, I am trying for a healthy baby and that usually keeps them quiet.

Take care
    Michelle

I hear ya! I was constantly told that i was small in my last preg - even by one Dr. I only put on 5 kilo's as well...i guess some of us just have a frame that holds bub more compact. It was nice to be so small but extremely frustrating that everybody had something to say about it.
    What's making me crazy this preg is certain people saying "Lucky Ella's a good baby otherwise you wouldn't know what to do when the next one comes along", "Let's hope the next baby is as good as Ella", "You don't realise how much time you have on your hands until you have two"..... Oh the list goes on! GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRR

JadeTara
    I have the opposite problem. People can't believe I've still got 3 months to go - they think I must be 8 or 9 months along.

I think you should just respond "Yes, I'm very lucky, I'm carrying really well."

JadeTara Guest

Thanx girls, feel a bit more calm about the situation today lol must be those hormones.
    Its funny what people say to you, its like they just don't think about how it sounds.

SossiGirl is offline Believes things do happen for a reason.. but sometimes would like to know what the reason is

Hey Jade.. man i get the same thing. wow you dont even look pregnant... i just smile and grit my teeth and say well i am and its the best thing carrying smaller cause im not uncomfortable or yeh i know its great and just walk away Ahh. some people should just not say anything at all really. I have now really popped out and i am 25 weeks so they are starting to notice more but still really small for my weeks, Dr says everything is just fine, thats all you got to worry about.

I've had the complete opposite. I've been told that I'm having twins. And if it's not that it's "Are you pregnant? Oh thank God because I thought you were just getting fat!" I tell you, some of my clients have got no tact!!!!!!! And then there are all of my friends who can't get over the size of my belly and how big it has gotten!!!!! So which is it? Am I morbidly obese or having twins? I give up!

LOL i was told just yesterday that i look like im carrying twins! I laughed and said i feel like im carrying twins do you wanna carry one for me???? Funnily enough i had no takers on the carrying for me. I wonder why.. As long as i have a H&H baby in 13 weeks time i dont care how big i get! Bring it on! Hehehehe

I am sick of being told I'm small! Why did people not tell me my waist was small pre-pregnancy; that, at least, is nice to hear!

However, I can tell them that yes, my bump is medically small, but my baby is slightly larger than average so I'm the lucky one. Normal clothes AND a strong, healthy baby. They were twice my size at this stage? Poor them. I'm the best. (Yup, really, really annoying me, especially when people ask me why I'm leaving at Christmas.)

Last night I got narked enough to lift my top to reveal my belly, point out that there were four inches of space at the top (yup, if I touch it I can push the skin back to the bottom of my ribs) and add that I had the same amount of intestines as the 4'11 girl stood next to me so it stood to reason that the baby can burrow inwards too. All with a friendly smile!

I assume there are three reasons people comment: they're paying me a compliment, they're being rude, or if they stop talking their brains start working (gotta love Douglas Adams!). As general people out and about haven't noticed the pregnancy, only people I know comment, so I can take it that they're paying me a compliment.

I was getting 'oh, you can't tell' - thanks, i think, but i can tell because my pants don't fit! The one that is really bothering me at the moment is 'was it planned?' or 'were you trying'. Does it matter?! All that matters is the baby is wanted. I find that question so rude - i have a number of work collegues that have asked me this (not even well known collegues). I've had to start wearing a maternity shirt at work which is the most disgusting thing you have ever seen - i feel like a fat, frumpy thing. Today i got 'that's not very flattering is it' - thank you so much, now i feel much better - people don't think before they speak i think!

I know, the whole "were you trying?" thing is a bit weird. I would honestly never think of asking about that unless someone volunteered the info. What do they think you're going to say? "No, it was a complete accident and I only just found out that you get pregnant if you have sex?" Honestly...

I WISH I had the problem of being told I look small... Most conversations go like this.. So how pregnant are you, 26 weeks! Wow is it twins? OR Wow your HUUUUGE, when are due, end of Feb oh you poor thing you are going to be huge through the heat of summer..

Honestly I feel like saying to people, hey do you want to give me a positive instead of pointing out negatives and you're very common because everyone is saying the same thing. I even said to DH the other day I am so sick of being told I am HUGE. He said well you are pregnant darling.... waaaaah even he doesn't understand!

Oh and everyone ay work is now telling m I have the waddle or think they are being funny by doing an exagerated waddle when they see me coming. Give me strength please.

Right that's my whinge for the day

I hate the accident/trying one... luckily, very few people asked it, and only very early on, I think maybe because I didn't know for 8 weeks due to erratic cycles, which they didn't know about. However, I'm still not talking to my mother's sister for even thinking to ask it, and then not congratulating me. Rude c0w! Most girls at work knew I wanted a baby so didn't even think they needed to ask.

I hate the "you can't tell" because YES YOU CAN... I'm FAT! Nice people told me I had a bump at 12w, at 14w I wore the same dress and people didn't know... they thought I looked like that normally? (See the 12w pic on the website.) Excuse me, some of us have flat stomachs pre-pregnancy and don't like you thinking this big lump is normal!

LOL Sasha, i'll have to use that one next time - that will give them something else to think about!

The things people are telling me that I find annoying are:

-"You dont look big enough for 25 weeks"/"You are too small for 25weeks"... And these are comments coming from people who havent been pregnant, and would probably have absolutely no idea on the subject too. Thanks guys, is that your medically trainined opinion you are giving me? I know my baby size/belly size is fine as that is what the sonographers, doctors and midwives have all told me from the ultrasound mesurements and my fundal height.

-"How will you cope over summer" Erm well millions of women have done it before me, why do you question my ability to "cope" throughout the hotter months?

- Someone at work also keeps telling me; "i knew you were pregnant before you told everyone. I could see how you were really sick" Thanks for never bothering to ask if I was ok!! If you knew i was so sick, you could have offered some help!

I havent been asked if our baby was planned or not. Only the midwife asked that because it was one of the questions on the form they had to fill out about me.

I'm sick of thoughtless people saying "you have a huge rash on your face, is that from the baby?"

Well no, its called acne, and its due to hormone levels. DUH!

Even my mum said that...

belinda3 Guest

i have had heaps of people ask me if it was planned, it is only number 3 baby, and i didnt think i was so old that people would assume i had finished my family! i think it is really rude and personal, but unfortunately i am not good at lying so my reply is usually ' we were thinking about it , then it happened' . they can think what they want.
    before i got pregnant they were all asking if i was going to have more kids or not, again work colleagues, not close friends even. i would never think to ask people i hardly know such huge questions.
    belinda

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast