Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats making you crazy...

Angela80 Guest

Hi girls!

It's great to hear other people are so-called 'small' in their pregnancy.

I'm almost 20 weeks and have to tell people I'm pregnant. I actually had someone squint at my belly when I told him and he said 'oh yeah - I can see a little bump'. Everyone comments that I'm small, yet my scans all point to a happy, normal sized baby!

My husband and I went to the beach two weeks ago and NO JOKE I was the skinnest girl there! Teenagers have bigger bellies than me and I'm the one with a human being inside of mine!!

I guess the nice thing is my family noticed I was pregnant at 9 weeks as they all knew my body type.

But then again I guess everyone's different and I should be thankful I haven't ballooned. When I think about it I'd rather people say I'm small than to say 'wow you've certainly gained alot of weight during your pregnancy' or 'gee your tummy's huge!! What are you having? A wrestler?'!

As long as he/she is healthy, that's all I'm worried about now!!

But yes, people can be rude when they think they're just giving their opinion. I just have to remind myself of the joy we'll be experiencing shortly, and the fact thousands of women [who can't get pregnant] would give anything to receive these sorts of comments .

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!

Just think next Christmas... the fun really begins!!!!

xxxxxxxxxx

LMAO, Angela - I know a lot of the people where I used to live are what you'd call big girls, but only seeing 3 girls skinnier than me whilst shopping at 7m pregnant had me almost dancing in the streets!

It took me until I was about six and a half months gone for people not to express dismay when they heard I was leaving work and ask why... at least now there's no hiding it. Well, or so I thought... at 33w I still had someone not realise I was pg because "well, you are sat down".

My current favourite is "well, it's all bump isn't it! You've not put on weight elsewhere" - where did they think I was going to get a bump? Do you get pregnant knees? Pregnant armpits? Oh, or "It's a boy. My daughter was pregnant a little while ago; I went to see her and she was washing up, one look at her backside and I knew it was a girl because it was huge." I am so glad that woman didn't guess girl for me!

Ryn - I am so glad she didnt guess a girl for you either, I mean, how rude!!
    I know for a fact that I am having a boy, and yes, pregnancy has not been kind to my butt at all lol, so i dont know how she can generalise like that just because her daughters backside got bigger.
    I am absolutely HUGE for 30.5 weeks,,yet have been insulted twice in the last week by 2 women who hadnt seen me in ages,,,and whilst we were talking, they wanted to know how my family was going. When I answered that my boys were getting really excited now about the baby,,,,,they were shocked, jaws dropped, and they both gave a "you are pregnant??" I mean,,,gee, did I really look like the michelan man this badly before getting pregnant??
    On the flip side,,,,I have had some friends comment on how big and out front I am carrying,,,,so I just smile and tell them that it is not a baby,,, but a hippo in a tutu hehe.
    I am so with you on it all MG,,,,cant win nomatter what ppl say,,,, I am either fat, or huge.

I just love how everyone has to have an opinion....and voice it LOL! I don't mind friends and family, but EVERYONE you meet has to comment!

For the most part people are commenting on how big my bump is......that's fine, I know they just like to be a part of it all, and it makes me happy to look pg. Then a girl I sort of know said to me that I haven't popped out at all.........my retort was "do you think I look like this all the time? I really hope not!" I woudn't mind if my tummy hadn't grown at all, but I mean come on, I really don't look how I did four months ago!

And then I went shopping last week and had a whole lot of people ask me when I was due. When I replied they would just stare at my stomach and say "that's a long way away". Hello?!!!!!

Angela80 Guest

Wow some people can be so rude!! I wonder if they realise they're hurting our feelings? I'm not looking forward to the comments after the birth. Most of my friends are very petite and bounced back to pre-baby shape in just over a month. I'm sure I'll be getting the 'wow you're really holding onto that weight' sort of comments.

I heard Mariska Hargitay (Dt Benson from Law & Order SUV) was asked when her baby was due, and she answer '6 weeks ago'. Now that is what I call insulting!!

I think the next person who tells me I look tiny... I'll turn around and ask them when they're due!! Quick to judge - be prepared to be judged!

At the moment I am getting very frustrated when people look at my belly and say "its a boy... your belly looks pointy" or "its a girl, because the front of your belly is flat" "its a girl because your carying high" "you had bad m/s so it must be a boy" and so on...
    Its so silly, because my belly shape constantly changes depending on baby's position!

I just dont get it how people think the belly shape or how bad your m/s was determines baby's sex. By the way - we chose not to find out our baby's sex when we had our scan, so maybe thats why I find it so annoying!

My list of gripes changes each week! Overall I'm quite chuffed at the whole pregnancy thing but it's mostly other people's attitudes that tick me off.

I guess it's because the little guy is sitting high up right now but for the last 2 days, my whinge is that I feel stuffed full all the time, almost like I've gone nutz at a buffet and am now suffering for it. I have to make myself eat something because I know I need to keep the food going in no mater how full I feel! -not a nice sensation!!

Another is I had a falling out with a friend a few weeks ago and one of the things that was one of the many small nails in the coffin of our friendship was his insistance on refering to my growing baby as 'the bag of meat' and how if I were to miscarry it wouldn't be that bad because it wasn't a real person yet....I suggested very strongly that this is not a view he should ever share again with any expecting parents nor women who had lost a baby....he didn't get it...I fumed.

Another is that because I'm having a really charmed pregnancy with no morning sickness, rather lovely skin, no 'bad' weight gain, etc. My DF keeps thinking and reminding me that I am as capable as ever of doing everything I used to and that he expects that I won't let the domestic stuff slide because of some lame excuse that I'm tired or some other crud like that....grrrrr

OH, I have to add. On NYE, we were at dinner at close friends' house and an aquaintence who we generally avoid due to his inability to stop making lewd comments to/about me was there. The hosts had the bright idea to seat him dirrectly opposite me. I felt quite uncomfortable having him leering at me like I was a stripper and no amount of 'evil-eye' when I managed to break his stare seemed to get the picture across. He got more and more drunk over the course of the evening and in front of his AA- cup wife made a number of loud and inappropriate comments including 2 toasts to/about my G-cup boobs. Yes, my boobs are bigger...thankyou, I had noticed!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12