View Poll Results: When did you first feel baby kicking?

Voters
812. You may not vote on this poll
  • <15 weeks

183 22.54%
  • 15-16 weeks

222 27.34%
  • 17-18 weeks

214 26.35%
  • 19-20 weeks

123 15.15%
  • 21-22 weeks

60 7.39%
  • 23 weeks or longer

10 1.23%
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: When did you first feel baby kicking?

yer im only 13 weeks and been feeling little bubbles for a week or two and tha last few days there have been definate little taps!

I have been so relieved to read through these stories & hear that other women haven't felt movement yet at 21 weeks. Placenta is anterior, ultrasound shows everything is ok, but I'm still very impatient to feel some kicking!!

flutters and bubbles at 12 weeks and a visable from the outside kick at 17 weeks... i think for as long as i live i will miss having my bub inside me
    xoox

I'm 14 weeks now and can definitely feel something! Not kicking exactly - more a fluttering sensation or 'bubbles'! It's really lovely!

We were out to dinner last Friday and my sister in law (who has had 2 children and is a nurse) asked if I'd felt the baby move yet and I told her I had, at about 12 weeks (the same as with DS) and she said it's far too early to feel anything....ugggh...I almost laughed at her. Not a clue!

Hi,
    I think I may have felt my baby.
    I am 16 weeks and my 1st pregnancy.
    Since week 14 I have had feelings of.....bubbles (kind of like gas gurgles)
    and also fluttery feelings, like butterflies or tickles/wriggles.....
    But they are very quick/fleeting.
    I'm not sure as they say the first feelings can be mistaken for gas because the baby isn't strong enough to put any oophm into it =)

jamdrop Guest

hi this is my first post 2nd pregnancy ,im 24wks, i first felt little flutters about 10-11wks but wasn't 100% sure then exactly at 17wks i felt full kicks for the first time.
    i can't wait to meet my little bundle.

at 14 weeks felt little bubble in one spot

Im sixteen weeks tomorrow, and even though it's my first pregnancy, i think i have felt minimal movement. Though, that is not to say, that it's me wanting something to jump up and down and be overly excited about! It was just a very unique feeling, which brought me to the conclusion that is was the first feelings of 'quickening' or what it is that they call it. Sort of felt like a feather tickling my skin but on the inside, and it's only ever towards the left hand side. I'm not certain that it is movement, but i am thrilled to presume it is all the same.

wow. I didn't think baby could be felt on the outside yet, so presumed the little 'prodding' sensations were something else... could it be little Jelly? I've been getting this occasionally for a few weeks now, usually in the evening and early morning. How exciting.

Im 17 weeks and i think i felt my baby move but am not sure. Its hard to describe but it felt like something was dropping down inside my belly (between my bellybutton and crotch). I kept looking to see if I was bleeding as it felt like my baby was dropping down or something. Is that normal or is it baby's movements?

I think I felt mine move a couple of weeks ago (I'm now 18 weeks) but not anything since. Is this normal? I really can't wait for it to become a regular occurance!

Fingers crossed for this week!

kirsty_lee Guest

Haha This is a great question... I always thought it would be late in the pregnancy that I would feel Bubs, but i'm currently at 17 weeks and I feel bubs all the time... whether it's a foot in the ribs LOL or just a little flutter. And sometimes when I lay down and put my hand on my tummy I can feel him/her as well... it's pretty awesome

I've just had a thought... maybe you feel movements later in the pregnancy if you're 'bigger'? I'm at 18 weeks now and have a few 'flutters' but nothing much yet - which is a bit later than a lot of you. But I'm a 'bigger' girl (size 16-18 pre-pregnancy) and I wonder if all that extra padding makes it harder to feel the movements?

Anyone else have a comment on this theory? I'd be keen to know those of you who felt movements early-ish (from 12 - 14 weeks) are of the slimmer variety than myself.

Hi Nettie,

Im size 10 and i felt mine at 17 weeks but I couldnt feel the baby kick me on the outside.

Each pregnancy is probably diff anyway. Im assuming you will feel your baby kick you internally regardless of your size?

Best feeling in the world though =)

Cheers

Yes, Marcia, I'm experiencing exactly the same with this pregnancy! I'm sure I felt movement just before 14 weeks and was also told by my doctor that it would'nt be baby yet. Every week the movements got stronger and now at 22 weeks I'm feeling big kicks and rolls, I can even see some movements so I do know that it was bubby back then!! I'm wondering whether the way baby is positioned depends on how you can feel movement? I'm feeling movement so often- very active little one!! DH felt baby kick at 18 weeks. I didnt feel first child until she was 18 weeks.

Yay for us! I'm starting to feel regular movements. Not all the time yet, but certainly each day. They mostly feel like fluttering or muscle spasms (but only one or two at once).

I'm so excited! Ha ha - there it went again! I just had to share it with you all!

Love

Nettie

I was about 19 weeks when I first felt something, but it took me a couple of weeks to be sure that it was for real.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast