View Poll Results: When did you first feel baby kicking?

Voters
812. You may not vote on this poll
  • <15 weeks

183 22.54%
  • 15-16 weeks

222 27.34%
  • 17-18 weeks

214 26.35%
  • 19-20 weeks

123 15.15%
  • 21-22 weeks

60 7.39%
  • 23 weeks or longer

10 1.23%
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: When did you first feel baby kicking?

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default When did you first feel baby kicking?

When did you first feel baby kicking? This is for your first pregnancy, as often your second or subsequent pregnancies are sooner.

Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

It wasn't full on kicks so much, more like little flutters! The best feeling in the world...............

Can I vote twice

17-18wks with Kameron
    15 wks with Lachlan

Love :smt049

happyhappy Guest

I am 14 weeks now with my third and i'm sure i feel movement.
    It's strange because i have felt it earlier than now too. If i hadn't had a scan to tell me otherwise, i would think i'm further along or there are two in there.

Jaxellah Guest

I am also almost 14 weeks and i can feel movement. It is my 3rd baby though.

Pietta Guest

Hi Ladies,

Can you please tell me what it feels like! I am 15 weeks today!! Hurrah! but I am sure that I am too early to feel anything as bubs is my first, my all last night all i dreamt about was feeling bub move, and for the first night ever so far, i couldnt get too comfie when falling asleep. It felt as though my belly was stretching and it was quite sore when i layed different ways. I feel sometimes like my belly is gurgling and I feel that feeling when you're anxious. Ahhhh.. i dont want to tell my DH and DMother because I dont know if it is real or not!!!!
    Will I 'know' when i feel it? How old is the baby when you can see them kicking?
    Please help!! [-o<

Jaxellah Guest

Pee. With my first baby i didnt even find out till i was 13 weeks. I didnt feel the baby move till i was about 20 weeks. With my second baby i also didnt feel it move till i was approx 20 weeks. This one is different and i think it is because i know what it feels like so when it happens i know what it is .

To feel the baby actually KICK wasnt till i was about 6 1/2 mths and it is the most amazing feeling. Some babies are also more active than others. My son my first baby used to kick me in the ribs and it used to be soooo painful. He also used to do somersaults and you could see his whole body move beneath my skin. It gets all tight but it is amazing. Yet he was the mst placid little boy and he still is very placid and quiet.

My daughter she kicked but didnt move full on as much as my son and she is the active one LOL. It just depends. When the baby kicks for the first time you will feel it and it is very exciting.

Good luck with your pregnancy hope it all goes well for you.

At first I felt butterflies...or like I had bubbles in my belly...now I look down and can see this little bum sticking out right now like a gold ball and rolling around in there.... so I say I first felt movements around 15 weeks but they were very small movements.... I would love to go back to those movements!!!

Christy

I was 22 weeks when I first felt movement, that I could definately say was him moving. Like butterflies, yes. Now I get punched or kicked anytime I''m doing anything he doesn't like, leaning forward to type, complaining about getting kicked (that earns me another one, even if I just type it, swear he can hear me thinking!), being in pain for any reason that isn't him, the list just goes on!

Once I started to feel him somersaulting and moving strongly, I used to roll onto my back first thing in the morning when I woke up, and he'd have a field day, spinning and turning. Not enough room for him to do that now any more LOL

Marcia Guest

I started feeling little movements at about 14 weeks, but I wasn't sure at the time if it was baby moving or something else. Felt a bit like a muscle twitch at the time (I know, sounds funny).When I went to my appointment at 15 weeks the midwife assured me I couldn't possibly be feeling anything yet, but now that they have turned into full on kicks I am positive that I did feel movements that early. The big kicks started at about 18-19 weeks for me and are getting stronger by the day. They started out feeling like a little pop in the belly and now they feel so strong sometimes they make me jump! I like the wriggling around the best when I can put my hand on my belly and feel the little bumps slide around as the baby wriggles from one spot to another.

Marcia.

Pietta Guest

Well I have definately felt Bubs now. After my initial scaredness (lol) I am feeling so reassured when i feel him/her. I only felt a little bit today, but thats okay... sometimes I dont move much either!! I must agree that it is the most beautiful feeling in the whole wide world. Sometimes I just sit and smile and think how crazy and beautiful it is that my body knows how to make this perfect little baby.
    My movements are now like my belly doing somersaults so i think i kinda missed the whole fluttering thing!!
    I find out on the 7th April the sex and my next OB appointment is 31st March, so I am sooooo very excited.

marlee73 Guest

i felt my first movements at 16 weeks

I first felt baby 4 kick at 18 weeks and 2 days. Only I can feel it as they are like little flicks on the inside of my belly. Dh can't wait till they're strong enough for him to feel.
    Cheers michelle

i felt joshua kick at 16 weeks

18 weeks for me. I could feel them before then but being a first timer I didn't really recognise them for what they are.

Felt them last night! So at exactly 15 weeks 0 days! YEAH! Little bubbles popping in my belly. Thought I had felt something a few days earlier, but decided not to say anything just in case I was imagining things.

I didn't even know that it was Jack moving about, I just thought it was one of those things (yeah like you've always got butterfliess flying inside of you...) my SIL pointed it out, talk about a prat.........

Jo

AmandaVey Guest

Hi, I'm Amanda and this is the first time I've posted. I'm 17 weeks now with my first pregnancy, and I felt little flutters at about 14 weeks...but wasn't sure that it was definitely the baby. At 16 weeks, there was no question about it....there was definite tiny kicks.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast