Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When did you 'pop'?

Default When did you 'pop'?

I've put on weight arround my middle but I'm pretty sure it's not baby related (it's very different if I lie down and seems to go right around my mid section rather then just being on my belly). Other then that I can't see any difference in my tummy at all I keep reading that most people 'pop' at about 13 weeks and I'm wondering when it will happen to me.

When did you start showing? was it obvious?

Thanks!

I 'popped' at 20 weeks. All of a sudden I had this huge belly. People thought I was 6 or 7 months pregnant!! Then it didn't grow much more after that.

i popped first time at about 25 weeks but second time round I popped at about 18 weeks - people thought I was ready to have the baby!

I look very clearly pregnant bellow my belly button now

Percy Guest

I really didn't start to show to other people - other then hubby and me (and maybe hubby only said I was showing to shut me up!!! ) - until I was about 18-20 weeks.

I put on a big growth spurt at about 21 weeks and now it seems everyday I get a bit bigger!

How I differentiated between my tummy fat and the baby fat is that my uterus is rock hard. Its like I've got a six pack stomach!! LOL!!! Seriously where the baby is is really hard and where my uterus has not grown to yet is not so hard. Does that make sense? It started to be rack hard from an early stage - say around 10 weeks or so? I'm not a huge girl but I'm not tiny either so I hope that helps.

Hiya
    I have noticed a significant increase in my belly (at the front) this last week (11wks). I have not put on weight anywhere else and normally my legs and hips are the first to increase.

I am sure you will get that 'popped' belly real soon. Just be thankful you can still wear you normal clothes - hee hee.

Good luck.

Jule
    Everyone is so different as to when they pop. It depends on all sorts of things, not least of which is whether you are shortwaisted or long waisted etc etc. My mother and my boss were so tiny the medical staff asked them questions like "are you sure the dates are right?" or made preparations for delivery of an underweight baby. Other women just pop out really early and look a lot more advanced than they are. I'm carrying right out front but then I'm really shortwaisted with most of my 5ft9in in my legs. THere's only 5cm between top of my hip bone and my first rib! My mum has about 12cm by comparison.

Hi,

Its different for everyone and every pregnancy.

Sometimes i havent shown till 26 wks, other times its been early, like 7 wks.

Fruitwood Guest

Hi, I didn't start to show at all until I was almost 7 months and then it happened all of a sudden, lol. Before that though nobody could tell I was even pregnant, lol.

angelfish Guest

I didn't pop out until really late in my first pregnancy - I remember being about 6 months pregnant and people didn't believe me because I still had a flat tummy. But with number 2, it was much earlier, maybe about 3 months.

I "popped" at 12w - you can tell on the pictures of me on holiday (11-13w) that something happened, but is was so small most people ignored it unless I wanted to strip off and show them (which I didn't)! But in the last 3-4w the belly has started to slowly grow a bit more, not popping, just spreading. I'm waiting for another big growth spurt soon!

There are still people out there who can't see I'm pg, even when I've told them, so maybe I'm just fat and haven't popped at all yet!

I popped literally overnight about a week ago.. so maybe 18 weeks or so?
    Belly is still not particularly big, but I think its pretty obvious now that I am pregnant. Not sticking out too much, but definately a little further than my boobs. I can stil see my feet.
    Still have plenty more time to pop even more.

Hi Julie,
    I know what you mean about not knowing what's baby and what's just weight. I'm 30 weeks and have a big belly, but it still feels soft in places, esp when I lie down.

I looked very un-pregnant right up until about 26 weeks pregnant, but I only really 'popped' at 32 weeks.

I started to really show at 15 weeks, then i have popped about 3-4 times since then. I think im going to "pop" again soon, but i already cant see my toes when i stand!!

ok so i put on my bathers this morning ready for my ante natal water aerobics tonight and OMG

now it shows how much my belly is bulging at the bottom...im gunna look hideous

with bub #1 probabl not until 16wks until then I looked like I was really proud of a beer gut. With this one by 12 wks people were commenting on the size of my belly at 20 wks I already have people asking me when I'm due :-)

Been able to tell for a little while that I am pg...but just in the last couple of days I really seemed to have popped..must be having some growth spurt happening...lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast