Thread: When was partner able to feel baby's 1st kicks?

Default When was partner able to feel baby's 1st kicks?

I was just wondering what week in your pregnancy were you and your partner able to feel kicks on the outside of your belly? I am constantly rubbing my belly when I start to feel movement but as yet I can't feel anything.

Linda

Usually from about 21weeks onwards for the really strong kicks, but I could feel them a bit earlier, I guess because I knew where to feel.

DH and I could feel the kicks from the outside at about 20 weeks i think. It was pretty much as soon as I could even feel them at all. But baby usually stops kicking as soon as DH puts his hand on my belly.

Aleida LOL!
    I started almost exactly this thread a few months ago. Read what everyone had to say here ---> http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=21118

I couls feel kicks very early on in my pregnancy (for a first timer), at about 16 weeks but couldn't feel them on the outside until probably 20 - 22 weeks approx. We had the same problem as Karina and bubs would stop kicking when DH put hands on belly. Now, i can see where bubs is kicking! Oh... and DH has absolutely no problem in feeling them either now!
    Last edited by Rachel; December 2nd, 2006 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Forgot something!

DH first felt Bob two weeks ago today - so just before 18 weeks. We've been told we've got a VERY active baby though and I've been feeling him since 15 weeks so I think we were very lucky to have the movements so soon.

Thomas felt his first kicks about a week ago (19 weeks). We'd just been wrestling each other to see who would get to the computer first (loser's prize was folding socks!!) so I think all the movement and excitement got little one all worked up too! I lay down on the couch (no way I'm folding socks!) and he was kicking like a karate champion and Thomas was lucky enough to feel a couple of really good ones! Usually though, as soon as Thomas puts a hand on my belly, he settles down!

On the other hand, I've been feeling pretty good movements for about a month and flutters for a few weeks before that.

My hubby started feeling Riley kicking around 18-20 weeks...I felt him inside for the first time around 16 weeks...

DH & I have been feeling (& seeing) kicks from outside these last couple of days. I think I have been feeling kicks inside for about a couple of weeks now but very infrequently. Now I wake up to them and it is fantastic!!
    Last edited by Tess; January 3rd, 2007 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Forgot something

This is my second and I can't believe how early I've felt movement this time around.

I felt the kicks on the outside of my tummy on the 27th Dec at night. The baby always seems to really get going in there when I go to bed ands start reading before I go to sleep.

I was just over 16weeks and couldn't believe I could feel it on the outside. I put DH's hand on my tummy twice but bubs stoped both times. This is normal and they could do this the whole way through, so don't worry about it.

The best is when you are a bit bigger and you spoon your DH and then bubs starts kicking his back! Very funny. Then no one can sleep, but it's a nice feeling knowing about the little one.

Don't worry about it too much, being your first you might not experience the same as others. Also, if your placenta is over your tummy and not on the back wall of the uterus, you may not feel as much anyway, as this masks a lot of the movement.

With Patrick I would have to say we both didn't feel him until I was over 20 weeks on the outside of my tummy and more like 25 onwards for DH.

kwishtie Guest

With out first, hubby felt him about 21weeks onwards.. and this time around he felt it two nights ago! so 19weeks n 3days