Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When are you supposed to "pop"?

I agree with what Mel said. I have popped earlier this time because my tummy muscles have a small gap between them from having my DD. be careful about doing tummy excercises because this can split the abs meaning you would need a major operation. enjoy fitting into normal clothes a bit longer coz by 32 weeks you will just want to be out of elastic. again

Smile

When I was 14 weeks I expected to 'pop' within the following two weeks as the baby has a bit of a growth spurt in length and weight. Sure enough thats exactly what happened so by 16 weeks I finally started to look pregnant! Now I feel like Im bigger everyday, very full and tight too, especially after a big meal.

linny Guest

Hi,
    Im nearly 24 weeks pregnant with twins and although you can tell im pregnant im not that big.Everyone keeps commenting that they thought i would be bigger,you arent showing much etc.It does make me worry.Dr said its not how big you are its how big babies are and they are right size for there dates etc.I guess everyone has different body shapes and how they carry.It doesnt help you not to worry though.

Linny, I'd be able to make a comment if you'd show post a picture he he he he!!
    But really, I'm sure you look beautiful and fine. Like you said I'm sure your doc will tell you if they weren't growing well. I can't wait to see a picture yey yey. I hope you stop worrying about this and about the people your chasing for money, fingers crossed they come up with the goods. Hope you feel better soon.

I'm 25wks and last week I was my husband dropped me at work and in the afternoon when I arrived at his work he lovingly exclaimed " you were NOT that big when I dropped you off this morning!!" Well, now I look pregnant and not just fat!

I love it!

I am almost 14 weeks tomorrow. Since last week, people have been noticing my belly (I normally wear tight clothes) - all of a sudden, people from elsewhere would come up to me and asked if I was pregnant. When I told them I am pregnant, they weren't surprised because the bulge tells it all!

I have decided i never really "popped" as in one day i was suddenly heaps bigger then the other. Just more gradual thing. I do notice now that, depends on where bubs is sitting, depends on how far up i can get my zip done. Some days, not at all, others, just a few cm's. Still in normal cloths, just have a tummy band thing & belly belt

It really depends on your body shape, tone etc! I was about 18 weeks when I got a real round belly not just the weight I had put on due to ms in the first trimester! Peoples perceptions are funny too - I was at the shops yeserday and this gorgeous older lady asked when i was due - I said Tuesday, she took one look at my belly and said, Oh my you arent very big!! Ha ha - must have been what I was wearing!

JoJo Guest

I'm pregnant with twins and get the same response - 'you are so small'. I am almost 24 weeks and really only 'popped' about a week ago. But I went out sideways instead and certainly have put on a lot of weight, its just I haven't gone out in front yet which is what everyone seems to look for. So I think it just depends on body shape, diet, number of pregnancies etc etc. Everyone is different but I reckon enjoy being smaller while it lasts cause soon it will be very big and uncomfortable and we will be wishing to go back to smaller belly :-)

ej_1974 Guest

every woman carries differently so when you pop can happen at 12 weeks or 24 weeks.
    Just be patient and don't worry you'll have plenty of time to watch your bump pop and grow. My first one popped at 12 weeks eg i coudln't do up half my clothes but I didn't look pg until about 16 weeks. This time it was 10 weeks and 16 weeks again.

I can finally post in here! I am 24 weeks and I only popped this week, I looked about the same up until this week. My bump is still small but its there, so there is finally an explanation for my waddling to the outside world.

JoJo everyone tells me to enjoy it too for the same reasons. I don't know if I really want to be bigger but it would be nice to look as far along as I am.

cassie82 Guest

I'm 24 weeks into my first pg.. lol I wasn't aware I'd even 'pop' til reading this chat.. I'm definately still in the 'looking fat' stage, with a little bulge that ppl often question me as to whether I'm really pg or not.. Luckily I know I am for it seems I'm carrying a little soccer player round lol..

At 24 weeks people were virtually gasping at how small I was. Now I'm at 28 weeks they are falling off their chairs that I still have 12 weeks to go and telling me I'm going to have a whopper. So it can change very quickly and no-one likes to hear they're too small or too big. Can't win!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12