Thread: Where are my happy hormones???

catherine Guest

Default Where are my happy hormones???

I thought I was supposed to be 'glowing' in the 2nd trimester......I feel like a big lump of ****. I spent a lot of time yesterday lying in bed feeling sorry for myself.....is this normal or am I just being a bit of a sook?

Awwwww Catherine........sadly they do miss occasionally......it took me till about 22 weeks to get happy hormones in my 2nd pregnancy, wheras in my 1st, bang on 14 weeks was when they kicked in......

Wait awaile......your happy hormones are just around the corner, promise!

Are you eating well and drinking lots of fluids?

awww...its hard, my first Pregnancy they hit around 25 weeks and this one...well I'm still waiting hopefully yours will come soon!!

I'm still waiting too - was happy all last pg so maybe i'll miss out this time!!!

Nobody told me about Happy Hormones!!!

You poor thing. I remember that feeling only too well. Mine kicked in once the sickness was well and truely over, around the 5month mark.
    Good luck, hope ur feeling better soon.

catherine Guest

Oops - in an attempt to cheer myself up I went shopping today. Bad enough that I look like the side of a house, but I also had to hand over a small fortune for maternity work clothes! Now my husband is definitely lacking happy hormones and I am feeling a little bit guilty......oh well, that will pass - at least I won't have to spend hours rummaging through the cupboard to find something to wear!

No happy hormones here either, i was beginning to think it was just me. I'm tired and can't be bothered to do anything,the house is a tip which is making me worse, i shout at the kids and seem to have totally mislaid my sense of humour. To top it all off i seem to have aged 10 years over the last 4 months, and the final nail is every timei look in the mirror i see my mother looking back at me, i hear her when i open my mouth and i feel all her annoying little traits coming out in me.

I need a serious night of alcohol and flirtation to boost me self esteem, another 4.5 months of being pregnant approx 12 months of breast feeding..... great only another 16.5months till i can do that....... Maybe i'd better just go and slit my wrists instead....

Taz

I keep getting told I'm "glowing" but no "happy hormones" here yet. And I'm still waiting for the increased energy and sex drive........

Can I sign up for a bottle or two of those hormones please??
    seriously lacking the "happy" part here after some sad news from friends.
    I actually was thinking last pregnancy that i was suffering from antenatal depression, until i finally got to hold that little bundle in my arms finally,,,,,,,then it all lifted like a huge weight.

I got my happy hormones in about week 17, not all its cracked up to be though lol!!! I find myself laughing hysterically at the smallest things, and it always happens to me at work and at inappropriate times too(very embarassing!!!!). I hope you feel better soon.

Happy hormones? I think im too tired to be happy! I am not 'glowing' either. Im one of the lucky ones who dont glow till 3rd tri...
    Just relax they will be here soon.