Thread: wondering if I have anemia

~Jane~ Guest

Default wondering if I have anemia

I know anaemia is common during pregnancy but at what stage. I am about to hit 17 weeks and am getting more and more tired. I am now to the point of finding standing up and staying awake in the evening really hard. I feel really tired, heavy and teary.

I have an ob appointment in about 10 days and am trying to hang out to ask him about it. I am hoping that he might get a blood test done for me to check things out, but don't know whether I should try and get some help any earlier.

Anyone suggestions?
    Last edited by ~Jane~; February 3rd, 2007 at 08:40 PM. Reason: spelling

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Jane, Hun, why don't you just give him a quick call and see what he thinks? He may be able to order a blood test for you and have the results by your appt?

Jane, pet I wish you'd mentioned this earlier. I had anaemia towards the end but it can happen at any time. I was on Elevit the entire time and that is very high in iron but I still ran out. The little things really suck it out of you.

I agree with Relle ... give your doctor a ring and see what he thinks. You might just need some Fefol or something but definitely get it checked out.

~Jane~ Guest

thanks Mel and Relle, I am so glad you guys didn't say "you should be over that by now", I will cry if someone else says that to me.

I might call him Monday, I just don't want to keep calling which is silly I know.

It is just such abnormal tiredness and I thought it only happened at the end. I am almost in tears tonight I feel so bad, and I had a big sleep last night too. Hopefully he can help me out.

Jane, you know he will not mind babe! You would not believe the help he has had to give me this time sweety! So call him!!!!!

I have been really tired this time as well, but I am pretty sure I can put that down to 2 other little munchkins!!!!!

Jane
    I agree with a the other girls give your OB a ring

Hi Jane
    I suffered from anaemia a bit before I was pregnant and I found the most AWESOME vitamins I could ever have found... they are Elevit, specially designed for before, during and after pregnancy.... I had sooo much energy during my pregnancy and my iron levels were spot on! Which is just great for me!!

If you are able to take vitaminshose are just the best I have ever seen!

Good luck and I hope you feel better
    xo

~Jane~ Guest

Thanks everyone for the advice, I am going to call him tomorrow.

Kristie I am taking elevit and started them well before getting pregnant, they are great vitamins though and all the drs I have spoken to (being an IVF graduate) say they are the best.

I think I will take it easy today and get onto getting some help tomorrow.

Let us know how you get on Jane. When is your next appt with him? I have my scan and appt on Mon the 12th

~Jane~ Guest

I have my scan and appt on Fri the 16th, I can't believe how close we are to each other Relle, I will laugh if we are in hospital together.

I will laugh to hun, as I have actually decied to go a la natural so if I am a little late and you are a little early we could be in together!
    This is a huge step for me as I was induced last time and LOVED it, so am a little anxious at doing the spontaneous thing again!!!!