Thread: 27 weeks and not feeling the baby

Red face 27 weeks and not feeling the baby

hi all,

i am just after some opinions, reassurance i suppose.

i am 27-28 weeks now, and although i feel alot of low movement, i just dont "feel" the weight of bubs. its as if hes not even there i just feel like a fatty!

does anyone else feel like this? and go on to have a nice weighty wee one?
    i felt so heavy with my first born that this is troubling me. my gp said my fundal height is of normal range, although he didnt measure it with a tape measure.

but my tummy just feels bloated, not like a baby is there

ok,,,, reassure away pahhhhlease!

I've found that this pregnancy feels so different to my first one. Sometimes, I don't even feel like I'm pregnant either - even though my mirror tells me otherwise!!!! I can still sleep on my belly (well half of it) and I think its just cos I am more "stretched" this time around, so more room for bubs to move away and stuff. Plus I have an anterior placenta so I don't feel much down below at the front as I did with DS - but this one is heaps more active up the top if that makes sense.

I wouldn't worry too much. You are probably like me, and don't even realise all the movements because you are too busy chasing after a toddler!!!!

I wouldn't worry too much, I didn't feel like I was pregnant when I was 27 weeks either! Even though my tummy was sticking out a bit, I didn't (and still don't!) have a very big bump at all.
    As long as you can feel it kicking, that's all that matters If you are concerned, maybe speak to your midwife next time you have a clinic appointment.

As long as you can feel movement and your doctor is happy with the fundal measurement I wouldn't be too concerned. Even up until a couple of weeks ago I had people saying how compact my belly was even though my OB says I'm exactly on target and all my ultrasounds have shown growth to be on target, one scan showed me at being 5 days ahead of LMP EDD. I've even had people not realise I was pregnant during my third trimester so obviously I didn't look all that pregnant.

I've only felt the heaviness of bubs in the last few weeks, even now when I'm lying down I sometimes feel so normal I find it hard to believe there's a big belly popping out down there. Then I go to stand up and I sure feel it.