Thread: 31 week FREAK OUT!

Default 31 week FREAK OUT!

Well it's just a flash of thoughts really!

I canít wait to meet bubís, but last night I had a bit of a freak out. In a few weeks not only does this baby have to come out some how, I am going to be a mum, and I have to look after this little helpless gift that is 100% dependent on MEÖ ME not anyone elseÖ just ME. I am not going to be getting up everyday and coming to work, NO I am going to be getting up time and time again to attend to this babyÖ Donít get me wrong I am already so in love with this baby, and am looking forward to it all, I guess itís just I am scared that I will do something wrong, or wont be good at itÖ what if I canít cope?????

I do have support from DH, and friends and family, but it's still freaking me out!

Has anyone else felt like this?

lucysmummie Guest

mmmm sounds familar! it is very normal to feel this way! why i was just feeling it last night and so was DH and im getting induced tomoro! around 30 wks ive noticed hormones go crazy (at least I couldnt stop crying round then) try not to worry ul ba mum soon and will be a pro at it!!!! ((((hugs))))

Yep - I got a severe bout of anxiety about 32 weeks. had nasty dreams and everything. I ended up seeing a counsellor at the hospital about it. Mine wasn't so much about afterwards, but the actual doing part!
    I wanted no intervention, and ended up having everything under the sun, so hopefully this time my anxiety will be like yours - how the hell am I going to cope!!!!
    You will be fine I'm sure, but it would hurt to have a chat with your GP/midwife about your concerns.
    Fi

Very much so, with every pregnancy! *L*

Yep, me too! Very normal. First time round it was about being a mum and knowing what to do, this time I've just started freaking about being able to cope with two. I can reassure you though that the fears disappeared as soon as I met DS and guess what - I did manage to work out what to do! You'll be fine!

Melanie

skorpy Guest

I was 20 years old when i had my first baby and 21 when i had him,and i freaked out aswell.Not only for looking after him but the birth too.Its all normal and it doesnt change or stop there. In my second pregnancy i felt the same,there was a big gap between my first pregnancy and my second.My son was 9 when my Daughter was born.But even now on my 3rd pregnancy im now thinking omg i will have 3 children too look after. Once they are here you wont believe how quickly you adapt and get into a routine.Not meaning to sound sexiest,but it comes more natural to woman when it comes to babies and children

Hey lovely - I am due the same day as you!!! And feel exactly the same way. As in - there goes my normal life of getting up, going to work and really only having to think about my DH and I.....and I'm going to be responsible for a whole nuther human being!!

I too worry about stuffing it up, what if she doesn't breathe when she comes out, what if something goes wrong......but I guess I am realising that this is all a part of becoming a parent. You don't own your own heart anymore - it goes wherever your child is.

Nicely put Lady of the Lake! You are so right, your heart is totally with your child. You will realise just how much when you meet your lo. You know instantly that this is a bigger and more profound change than you ever expected, but not in a bad way. I wouldn't swap where I am now for where I was pre Jack for anything. Motherhood is the most wonderful thing in the world!

I went through that too. Now I'm in the stage of feeeling excited but i did for awhile go through that worrying and anxiety and ended up in tears on quite a few occasions. Kept thinking that i couldn't do it that I wasn't capable its going to be too hard etc. Luckily i got lots of reassurance from Df and family.

Hi Mel What u r feeling is totally normal! I wanted to be preg and have a baby soooooo desperately that it really surprised me when i would wake up almost at the point of an anxiety attack cause i suddenly would freak out thinking "oh my goodness - life as i know it is over forever...it'll never be just me! i won't be able to just drop everything and go shopping or have coffee, or sleep in.........." U name it i felt it. And then i'd feel completely guilty for having those thoughts.

Now i know that it was silly of me to think like that cause my dd fits into my life and yes some things r different but i can pretty much do all the things i want to do. Ur gonna make a fab mum - don't let ur mind get all carried away cause it'll all work out wonderfully

Oh yes absolutely definately I remember that feeling. I wasn't fussed with the birth, was prefectly calm cool & collected about it but the thought of having to look after a little baby every single day totally freaked me out. You'd think after TTC for 26 months I would have come to terms with the fact that there is a baby at the ned of pregnancy LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by MelanieR
    Nicely put Lady of the Lake! You are so right, your heart is totally with your child. You will realise just how much when you meet your lo. You know instantly that this is a bigger and more profound change than you ever expected, but not in a bad way. I wouldn't swap where I am now for where I was pre Jack for anything. Motherhood is the most wonderful thing in the world!
    That's so reassuring to know Can't wait!!!

Thanks guys... sorry i didn't reply earlier, but our internet was down all day yesterday!

Glad to know that I am normal, and that it all works out in the end!

Lady of the Lake - YAY at having same EDD!!! not long to go hey! I hear you on the what if's re breathing and baby being ok! and yep I reckon it's all just to prepare us for parenthood!