Thread: Achey 'down there' (TMI warning)

Default Achey 'down there' (TMI warning)

Hi
    I was wondering is it normal to feel achey 'down there'? I feel full when I stand up or sit for a long time around my groin area. Its not really pressure but rather an aching feeling as though I have been exercising my legs and vagina, and they are all swollen.

Should I be worried, or is this normal? I am 32wks tomorrow.

Thanks T.

hey tess...yes i have the same problem...have been since probly 30ish weeks..Is it like a bruised feeling down there? cause thats wat i get alot..i have asked the doctor and she said its probably bubs putting pressure on a nerve or sumthing along those lines,she said it was normal anyway..hope that helps..

yes thats just what it feels like - thanks heaps that is very reassuring.

T.

thats good then...im glad im not the only one,i didnt have this with my first pregnancy at all..oh well they are all different i guess

Hi Ladies,
    Yep, I have the same kind of thing here. If I get up from lying down, sometimes it feels really bruised across my vag area. Kind of really on the outside not deep inside where you might expect bubs to be pressing. I guess it is the same thing but a bit embarrassing when you just want to hold on to those bits to support it a bit when you move!!!

Hehe, so good to hear I am not the only one!
    The other day I went into town with hubby and man did it hurt! It does vary from day to day tho, probably depending on bubs position.
    Well I just thought: if this last untill birth, at least I am used to be sore down there and it may not be so bad then! lol

Hi guys, it actually sounds like SPD to me - symphasis pubis disorder. Your pelvis meets at the front and is joined by ligaments. Usually it is very stable, however during pregnancy due to the relaxin hormone it becomes more mobile to allow bubs through and can cause pain. TO ease the pain when you sleep on your side put a pillow between your legs and when getting out of bed or the car etc try to keep your legs together.

Thanks ladies - it is so good to know it is not just me that is walking around feeling like I have been kicked from the outside.

Carrie - the pillow idea definitely helps but it is sometimes sore to wrap those legs around it initially - hee hee.

T.