Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Acupuncture for inducement?

Oh wow - love your ticker pic Simone - thats gorgeous! Happy due date, lol.

Lol, thanks Natalie.

Yeah, great ticker pic hey girls

I agree, come on little man, Aunty Trish wants to give you big squishy cuddles

The woman I booked in to for acupuncture wouldn't see me til after my due date, so I was booked in for term+4days or so. As it was, my back was grizzly for a couple of days before my duedate, and on my due date my hindwaters broke.
    I called the acupuncturist, and she fitted me in that afternoon, so I was pretty happy about that as hospital was talking induction after 48hrs from waters breaking.
    She prefers to see people having prelabour/early labour signs as it is the best time for the acupuncture to have any effect apparently. It can get things moving more regularly.
    My acupuncturist also put little plasters with points in them in lots of labour points on me, and I pushed these throughout my labour. Some were for energy, some for regular contractions, and some for useful contractions.

She was really happy during my treatment as I got a layer of sweat on my feet in little beads, and evidentally that means you aren't far off.
    Sure enough - with lots and lots of nipple stimulation I had Hamish about 36hrs after my acupuncture.

Not sure if it made any difference to things, but Oh well

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12