Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is anybody else ...um..... swollen?

Quote Originally Posted by expat
    'corned beef curtains'

i had very swollen bits too, not very comfy. Since DS was born i now get achey swollen bits when i have bad period pain sometimes. its perfectly normal during pregnancy and im sure ur dr won't bat an eyelid

gigi01 Guest

Jayne - I am with you all the way on this one - I was swollen with my last and this one is no different. particularly now as we get down to the business end of things! I was going to say that it's because of the increased blood volume so I am glad that Alan said that! I have a HUGE vein on my right inner thigh (sorry if TMI!) that seems to be trucking a lot of blood up there. But it's very normal so don't stress!!! I am sure your OB won't...

Hi Girls

Some women find some relief by using ice. One thing you could try is to get some cheap rubber/plastic gloves, cut off the fingers, fill the fingers with water and freeze. Make a small in the lining of a pad and pop one of the frozen dingers in there. You can also put water in a condom and freeze. I have also known som women to use an icy pole but I would thin this would be a little large.

Well done for starting this thread Jayne - it always amazes me how you can learn so much on here from other people's threads! I can't remember being swollen with Jas, but I have noticed it for the last couple of weeks with this one. I am glad it doesn't mean that birth is imminent though, as I am SOOOO not ready yet!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12