Thread: Anyone heard of a cot named Gen manly?

Default Anyone heard of a cot named Gen manly?

Hi,

I checked out reviews for various cots on the net and finally bought a cot that is unheard of.(must be the hormones affecting my brain..lol) At least google isnt helping me out. Anyone heard of the brand gen manly? It looks good and is pretty solid but i think i made a really stupid decision to buy it. At $600 it wasnt cheap either. I'm thinking of changing it.but does anyone own one or even heard of it?
    thanks
    Sash

Hi Sasha,

I haven't heard of that cot, but was wondering where you bought it from if it isn't in Google?

If it complies to Australian Standards you should be right and I wouldn't worry. Did you buy it in Australia or from overseas? I know Baby Bunting has it listed on their site as a product, but with no photo etc which I would presume means it is a new brand or an old one which is why I'm interested to know where you bought it from.

Hi,

From the info on baby bunting, I discovered it's full name is the Genesis Manly cot - I think it's a clearance cot cause I found it on the baby clearance centre when I googled.

I hate to say it, but I think you got cheated, cause this place sells them for about half that price .... however they do say it conforms to all relevant Australian standards ....

I bought it from baby bunting.And it wasnt on sale.Its made in new zealand. i guess i will have to return it and get something else. any suggestions?

thanks,
    sash

If you got it from Baby Bunting it will be fine. I don't know about the sale stuff, but it might be worth asking them about the price. That particular cot is not on their website but if you like it then don't be worried by the lack of known name. If you would rather have a known name check out Boori or Kingparrot, but as long as you buy from a reputable shop you should be buying things conforming to Aus Standards and that should be your main priority. Also I found asking the sales assistants to show you cots and say you really don't know what you are looking for just yet - what do they recommend? really gives you an indication of what is good, popular and with the best features. But knowing what you do and don't want in a cot is usually a good starting place!

HTH! Good luck!