Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Assumptions I'll go over grrrr

Tell em to shut up!!

6 weeks early here... they really have no idea when a baby will come, it's all up to your body and even more so, the baby!

10 days over with 1st two and heading that way again... Obviously my body just likes to bake a bit longer anyway

It's amazing and rather annoying how everyone has an opinion on your body when you're pregnant isn't it? The comments have been coming thick and fast now that I'm overdue again, so just be prepared for it to get worse if you get further along xoxo

Hun, I was only two days over. If it's any consilation, I think you won't go over

I was 2 weeks over for my first and 4 weeks early with my second. My sister in Law was 10 weeks early with her first.

OK, so I'm having a little giggle at the fact that the assumptions were correct. Sorry. But I am.

I still say most people go over because the method used to calculate is WRONG, putting most women 'overdue'! It's only an estimation - usually it's everyone else around you who gets hung up on that date, not the mummy

Mayaness thanks hon, I know it's an estimation. Luckily I'm still feeling wonderful physically and the only impatience is a mental one where I just want to meet my baby. After all those miscarriages it feels like I've been waiting over 4 years for our baby.

Audax I'm a little surprised at your post.... ummmmm yeah it's really supportive?

I've also considered the irony of my post and that I have in fact gone a week over my due date and honestly I feel like slapping every person who has said I'd go over! I know that we create our own reality and I'm still annoyed that I let peoples ridiculous comments effect me... I guess this is the end result, I allowed it to enter my subconscious mind and I've now created it

On a positive note we did discover that the name we wanted to use is a name that we can not use and we only found this out 2 days ago! So it was as little stressful but now we have changed it to something we love even better. Maybe this is the real reason why we are OD? Either way I'm just going to sit back with my beautiful dh and enjoy heaps of snuggles, my massage and bath

Ohhhhhh...... I didn't mean it in a nasty way. You know I laugh at everything in the world. Do you remember way way waaaaaay back when you were 20 weeks, when I was a little excited at even the slightest prospect of you going over because I thought you might hit my birthday? It's this Friday. Maybe I tampered with the fabric of the universe by wishing for such a thing? Sorry.

Enjoy your snuggles.

No no no cherished! You didn't do this! There isn't anything wrong, your baby just hasn't made the move earthside yet.
    Mayaness is absolutely right - the 40 week term is arbitrary. We are all different, as are our babies and our pregnancies.
    I'm glad you're still feeling positive And that's wonderful you've picked out a name! Good work.
    You're not 'late', you just haven't reached the end of your pregnancy yet. It will be soon, I'm sure of that.

Quote Originally Posted by marcellus View Post
    No no no cherished! You didn't do this! There isn't anything wrong, your baby just hasn't made the move earthside yet.
    Mayaness is absolutely right - the 40 week term is arbitrary. We are all different, as are our babies and our pregnancies.
    I'm glad you're still feeling positive And that's wonderful you've picked out a name! Good work.
    You're not 'late', you just haven't reached the end of your pregnancy yet. It will be soon, I'm sure of that.
    So well said!!
    You will be holding your precious baby before you know it hun!! Sending loads of positive labour vibes your way! I have been stalking BB waiting for your BA lol

Well said Marcellus

Honey, bubs will come soon enough - its just not their birthday yet.

I know the waiting suxxxxx... but it will end soon enough - I mean, you won't be pregnant at christmas

So just relax and try to connect with your bubs through your tummy

I'm annoyed by the comments too. And then they assume if your bigger you will go earlier and if your smaller you will go over!

Eveyone keeps looking at my Husband and saying "Gee you'll have a big boy, look at your Hubby's head and shoulders - ouch that's going to hurt!" Gee thanks for that! Nothing like a pre-labour freak out!

I was 2 weeks early and my Hubby was spot on time so I guess when Bubba is ready to make their grand debut they will!

big hugs babe imagine how extra special those newborn snuggles are going to be now...so so close babe, so close xx

Thanks for your nice words girls. I have an update and far out the universe is amazing! Not only had we had that name change but I spent the last 3 days in major pain with a tooth ache which just kept getting worse. I managed to get an emergency appointment with my dentist for yesterday and it turns out that I had an abscess under not 1 but 2 teeth side by side and will need a root canal on them after bubs is born so he drained them and did the temp fix and thankfully this morning it's a bit tender to chomp down on but the pain is gone. My dentist was really surprised as I have great teeth and he thought the soreness was more likely pregnancy related so I'm glad he did take me seriously and fit me in especially considering you usually need to book an appointment at least 3 months in advance! Yesterday I was in tears over the tooth pain thinking that if I went into labour I wouldn't cope starting out in such a bad way. Now that I know I wasn't imagining the tooth pain and it was a pretty big problem I keep thinking how amazing it is that bubs isn't here yet and how horrible it would have been to have my beautiful newborn here, trying to bond as a new family, breastfeed etc and to then have to deal with sleep deprivation, all the head, neck and mouth pain that my teeth created along with any other soreness from just giving birth!

So the update is this... Last night I lost my mucus plus and am feeling confident I'll go into labour today, if not I'm sure it's not far away I've only just gotten out of bed but there's more sensations going on then normal, aching/tightening etc so stay tuned for my BA and thanks again to everyone

Best of luck for a gorgeous birth and wonderful time meeting your little one.

ooohh, how exciting. Good luck!!

Sue xxx

Good luck hun!! wishing you a wonderful labour and birth

Awesome!! Start shaking your booty and going for walks up and down stairs to really get it movin

Good luck!!!! I'm sure you will have a beautiful birth.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast