thread: Babies Room

Oct 2008

Do people have little couches or chairs so they can sit down in the room and feed etc?

Mar 2008
    North Northcote

YES! i think that if bubs is in their own room, it is just the bestest idea ever to get a nice comfy couch/chair to feed in. you may find that you fall asleep in those night feeds and it is much nicer to not wake up with a crook neck LOL!
    it is the ONE thing that i will definitely invest money on next time around (with DD i made the mistake of just using a chair we already had...next one will be a nice 'womb chair'...man they look comfy.... LOL!).

as for timing of setting up...i think i only got 'serious' once the pram arrived at around 30 weeks. it felt so strange and cool setting up the cot and getting sheets ready!

i was still washing clothes and un-picking labels until the morning she was born though (had heaps to do when we got back home!).

initially we thought DD would be in her own room...soon changed when we got home and bought a moses basket so she could lie next to our bed for the first month.

BUT, in her nursery we had BIRs, a chest of drawers, the change-table, toy box, feeding chair and the cot. as we were renting i didnt want to spend the $$ on painting so bought good quality wall stickers which really brightened up her room and made it feel like a proper kids place iykwim.

HTH and good luck! oohhh waiting for new babies is the BEST! LOL!

Aug 2006

I have a rocking chair in DS's room, but I am still feeding him on waking in the morning and before bed so not too sure what to do about a second chair. I might get a poang chair from Ikea for the new bub's room...was looking at them the other day.
    Last edited by Willow; April 30th, 2009 at 03:25 PM.

Mar 2008
    North Northcote

I might get a poang chair from Ikea for the new bub's room...was looking at them the other day.
    yeah they look as though they would be pretty comfy.

i remember day-dreaming about designing my own feeding chair: something that gently reclines and maybe with a side that can fold down to make a kind of bed thing for bubs to lie on while we feed late at night. ahhhhh. LOL!

Dec 2008
    Brisbane

I have no chair(room isnt big enough for one). we have comfy recliner chairs in the lounge so fed #2 in there and will feed #3 there also.

Oct 2008

Thanks everyone, some great feedback! I am definitely going to be investing in a nice comfy couch chair! I am hoping to start setting things up in the next 2 weeks when the painting is done and I also want to get some things to stick on the walls!

DoubleK Guest

i have been trying to organise baby's room for weeks now.. just not getting anywhere as we dont have any furniture for it lol we're buying two bedroom suites at tax time, we have the cradle which will be in our room anyway, and the cot is stored at the PIL's place, so for the time being, baby's room is just tubs and bags stacked neatly against the wall!

the room is also the storage place for an old bookshelf, water aircooler thingy we never used, the vacuum and dd's jumping castle which has gone flat oh, i also need to buy about 10 storage tubs to sort out the wardrobe which i am busting to do... just need the extra $$ to buy the tubs first! im guessing this will be my task in the last few weeks when i cant leave the house lol!