Thread: Baby Movements - too many???

Question Baby Movements - too many???

HI,

Over the last week bubs has been moving loads and loads...
    I have had continual movements for the last 45mins.
    When i wake in the night sometimes the movements are almost violent like bubs is kicking out at me.
    The movements make my whole belly move from side to side or at times there is just a lump that moves around.
    None of the 'kicks' are particularly painful, but sometimes it does like to sit under my R)ribs and press up and that hurts a little.

My OB says that i have a long baby (DH was also long according to his Mum, around 60cm)

IS there anything wrong? should it be moving this much?

Thanks in advance

Hi, when i pg with Emily she moved ALL the time. Sometimes she moved so hard and fast that it hurt, felt like she was doing constant sumersalts inside me! I was awake most nights from 7 1/2 months on. I asked a midwife cos i was worried she was going to be an overactive bub, bub apparently its not the case, i was told that she just had plently of room to move in there so she did! (god knows how, i was HUGE!!)
    Perhaps the baby is just getting excited its nearly time to meet you!
    Emily is a very quiet bub, but i would never have thought she was going to be!

Hi, I think if your baby was breech, it's probably turning itself head down - but by the sounds of things it's probably already head down, but I'm no expert.

Oh, and I think your baby is well and truly AWAKE!!!

Some bubs move much more than others. It is also quite common for your baby o have a few days where he is very active then a few days where there is only a little movement. Don't worry I'm sure everything is fine

Isabella moved heaps throughout my pregnancy, she is my fourth baby and the others hardly moved at all. It is quite normal for bubs to move heaps. I was awake most nights at the end of my pregnancy cos she moved so much but she is so placid and calm. Good luck.

Izzy moved non-stop from 30 weeks all day - slept at night but from early morning to early evening she didn't stop moving!!!! I was worried toO but it's very normal. Be warned!! She's now a moving missile and hasn't ever sat still when being held but is gorgeous and determined bubby!!!

Thanks guys for the reassurance

Mrsr last OB appoint confirmed that bubs was head down, but was also told that bubs still may change position abit over the next few weeks, i thing that it is curlerd to the left side and sometimes flips over.

Thanks again

Maybe he/she is breakdancing??

Jett moved heaps, non stop. I got worried when he didnt move.
    I remember the rib kicks, so not looking forward to them again.... only a few weeks to go! hehe.

Breakdancing LOL !!! Maybe it is spinning on its head!