Thread: Baby's movements ??

Default Baby's movements ??

How many times do you feel your baby move in one day ??

I am a little worried as i have not felt mine move for a few days.

See if you can do a search for a kick chart Michelle. You can print one off then and record it and show it to the doctor on Friday. If you can't find one request one, and they will be able to give it to you.

My boys kicked non stop just about, but they wanted me to do a kick chart for Lachlan as there was a couple of days where he was quieter than normal.

Love

I just phoned the hospital to speak to a midwife but no one is about so i have to wait for them to call back.

I'm not due at the hospital until the 4th.

I`ve got a very good book here written by Australian Midwifes and they say you should feel bubs move 10times in 12 hours.

Have you tried drinking icy cold drinks? Then lying down and concentrating on any movements, a cold drink will often get them moving.

My little boy moves non stop it seems so I just couldn`t keep up with how many times he moves.

Take Care

Deeanne

Okay Michelle, thought I`d look at my book for you

A few things to try:

* Having a cold drink or something to eat - then wait 30 mins or so. Caffeine (in cola,chocolate or coffee) may encourage movements, but should be limited during pregnancy.

* Resting & sitting quietly - Without distractions, focus on your baby`s movements. Lying on your side may help, or having a deep bath. Some women notice their baby moves after exercise (such as a swim or long walk).

* Gently massaging your belly - try prodding gently with your fingers.

* Making a loud noise - Alternatively get someone to blow a raspberry on your belly.

If your baby doesn`t respond for an hour or two contact your caregiver or hospital.

HTH

Deeanne

I've done the cold drink and lie down.

I maybe worrying about nothing and the extra padding that i have hides it all the time.

I will have to start counting to see how oftern i can feel something.

hey michelle,
    i was told to sit down and totally concentrate on movemtns for ten minutes writting down the movments u felt, then go away and do something for a while and come back and do ti again for another 10 mins for about an hour or so, maybe thats the kick chart thing?

chloe wasnt kicking the otherday but now shes back to normal, are u feeling well?

take care let us know hwo u go

love Lesley

Michelle, have you had an active bubs up until now?

If you have and you have not felt it for a few days, I would be making sure you see your OB or hospital just to be sure. Make sure you call them back if they don't call you.

Jackson has quiet times, but i still feel him every day, i am a few weeks ahead of you, I don't know how much difference that makes.

Yep Lesley that is what you have to do in the kick charts.

Love

Hey Michelle - I had the exact same issue a couple of weeks ago (I would have been about 24-25 weeks pg). Bubs went quiet all of a sudden. I went to the hospital and had the midwives check it all out. There were no probs...bubs heartrate was great. They said that it happens sometimes for various reasons. It was really hot at that time, and bubs could have been feeling lethargic (her mum was certainly feeling the heat), sometimes apparently they slow down during a big growth spurt, or at this stage in the pg they are still fairly little and if they move position and face a different way, you may not feel their movements (especially if they are facing away from your navel and kicking your insides where you don't have touch receptors!).

Hope that helps to put your mind at ease a little...I would always suggest going to see the midwives at the hospital and asking them just to check you out. No need to be anxious, if everything's fine!

I did go and get it checked out and baby moved heaps for them i just don't feel it.
    I will just have to not worry so much. HB and everything was fine.