Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Been told you are big?

CatherineL Guest

Jen, Please don't worry about having a big baby... Serious, don't stress... I had no clue I was going to have a larger than average baby (We all honestly thought she was going to be tiny) I went into my birth being really calm... I had a very nice sized 9lbs 2oz baby with no trouble at all. I am a very small person and weighed a mere 48kgs after I gave birth - So needless to say everyone was quite suprised on the size of the bub. I think staying calm had alot to do with my birth going so smoothly - so just try and stay calm and trust your body! When I think about it, it's not their head with all the weight on it either and that's the part that burns and only for a second mind you! Chubby babies are cute

In saying all that, tummy size means nothing - my fundal height measured a few weeks short for a good part of the last leg of my pregnancy!

Jen - My SIL was huge with her DD and she was 2.5kgs born and lady a playgroup was small and compact and her bub was 4.5kgs!!!! go figure.

Unfortunately everyone thinks they have a right to comment!!!!!

The day before Oliver was born I was in Myer and one of the sales staff said to me "Gee you're fat, how long have you got to go?" I was too astounded to say anything other than "due any minute". (DH said I should have said "my belly will you, your ugly head won't change" LOL!)

Oliver was 3.9kg - or 8 pounds 9 ounces - so not a whopper at all.

yep was asked the other day how long i left to go and when i said 4 weeks the lady was like oh are u having twins i was like ummmm no, then she said oh big baby and im like ummmm no measuring right on track.... Gosh that was a boost of confidence for me, as if i wasnt feeling fat enough...lol

We none of us are FAT, we are having BABIES! and I wish some people would lay off the "FAT" stereotype! I am a BIG girl, but I am PROUD of my baby bump and I don't feel FAT at all this time. I feel very PREGNANT! I am LOVING that bump, I am loving watching it squirm and kick and when people tell em I'm big, I say yeah, so?! It's none of their business and I tell ya what, everyone gets BIGGER when they are pregnant! Who gives a [email protected] how big as long as mum and bub are healthy and doing well?! Tell people to mind their own business if they offend you honey.
    Tell them to try growing a human being and see how much they like being called "BIG!".
    A preg belly is the most beautiful thing in the world. It's the sign of new life and should be respected as such! Forget them honey *hugs*. You are perfect just the way u are! U r carrying a precious child and in the end that is all that matters isn't it?

Yeah, my colleague who's not very P.C. and was joking and saying you'll be getting fat. So I told him 'I'm making a person, what's your excuse?!'

I know i'm not in this group but i just had to say how astounded i am by some of the rude comments u ladies have been getting,doesn't anyone have any ettiquette anymore?
    I'm one of these women that as soon as my body hears that i'm pregnant it starts filling out all over the place .It's like my body says oh we're pregnant better start storing provisions like i'm some sort of camel.
    With my 1st 2 pregnancies i was paranoid about the weight gain but that was mainly because my partner at the time was really awful about it & made me feel bad .With my last one & now this one my husband is very supportive & doesn't care how big i get.I'm not a skinny girl anyway & he likes it like that
    So i'm not worrying about what anyone else says this time ,i'm just going to relax & enjoy the ride.
    I can always lose it again afterwards

Not directly related to belly size...but my favourite comment so far - I overheard my DH's grandmothers saying.
    "Look how much weight she's put on her butt"
    When I had up until that point been really happy with my weight gain- 6 kgs in my second trimester, & although my bum has increased a little bit- I'm still in size 8-10!
    Hmmmphhhh.
    : )

Here's a lovely comment I heard today...a lady in her early 50s stopped me in a Country Road store while I was manoevering toward the back and she asked how long I had to go and put her hand on my belly. I told her around 5 weeks and rolled my eyes and laughed. She said, "well you look beautiful". I almost cried to hear that from a complete stranger.

MrsR, what a lovely thing to be told. And I bet you do look beautiful honey. I think every pregnant lady is beautiful!
    It'd just be nice if people stuck to the nice comments!

Oh mrsr, that is a lovely thing to hear! My SIL tells me everytime she sees me that I look beautiful and I love it! Only last night at DH work christmas do a woman said "youre getting to be a big girl!" Well that is what has to happen if your babe is growing isnt it? Yes it is true and I certainly feel like a bowling ball at present but I dont feel like that is a bad thing. I kind of feel really good about it and am proudly waddling around town displaying my enormousness lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12