Thread: BIRTH PLANS

kylie J Guest

Default BIRTH PLANS

Hi everyone,

I'm due August 22nd with my first child. I have started writing up my birth plan, but I just get so confused about what is needed.
    Especially when it comes to pain relief.

Does anyone have any helpful suggestions regarding pain relief and/or how to write up a birth plan.Going through this for the first time is very daunting and I have no idea what to expect.

I have to pack my bags this week and feel very worried that I'm not organized or will have everything ready for bubs.

Please help.

Love Kyles. O

Hi Kylie

Sorry I can't be any help. I never did a birth plan. I just flew by the seat of my pants.

Love :smt049

I started to write one, got way too confused, and gave up!

I ended up worrying about it, so next time I saw my OB I explained how stressed I was about it all, and he spent 15 mins with me talking over the options and making notes as to how I felt about cartain things.......that ended up being my birth plan.

Maybe have a chat with your OB about it all?

As for getting ready for the baby, as long as they have somewhere peaceful to sleep, all the rest can be done in moments, so DON"T STRESS!

Kylie,
    Everyone is so individual in the pain they can tolerate or want to tolerate so it is really hard to give advice on that type of thing. My opinion is that it does not always pay to be too planned as sometimes the plans don't work and then we are disappointed. Best to be flexible. But it does sound like you do need some more information about pain relief options - perhaps ask at your next appointment.
    By the way, I live 20 minutes from you - where are you going to deliver? I went to Box Hill which was great.

kylie J Guest

Default Birth Plans

Thankyou to everyone that replied to me.

All your advice has been fantastic. I will talk things over with my OB.

I don't know how I will react to the pain, so I'll just have to wait and see.Take it as it comes.

I guess I can't have everything planned out, I just want to be organized and ready.

Anney,

You said you live 20 minnutes from me, wow that's amazing...I'm actually going To Mitcham Private.
    O Box Hill was a good hospital too? My OB is at that hospital also.

Thanks again.

Kylie.