Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Breech baby TURN!

Thanks so much for your quick reply Cathy!

I'm so glad to hear you ended up with a big and beautiful baby girl. Are you recovering from your c/s alright?

Thanks for all the info. Yeah I'm quite keen on a natural birth, did have dreams of having a water birth even, so it's a bit dissapointing if I don't get to try that.

Not looking forward to ECV next week, it doesn't sound pleasant. I read on another forum a girl got an epidural to cope with hers so that got me really worried!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I think I mentioned it earlier but I was born 9 days post dates, was breech until the day before I was born. I was also over 8lbs but not sure exactly.

If anyone has a breech bubs I really recommend reading some great books like 'The Thinking Woman's Guide to A Better Birth' by Henci Goer which gives you lots of tips and also information about breeches and also 'Breech Birth: Woman Wise' by Maggie Banks. You wont get better on the internet...
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

To the 2 Cathy's - I too have a breach bubba. All pregnancy it has been transverse then at 24ish weeks it has been head down ever since. I had to have a scan the other day due to the bad bleeding and clotting I had at the start of my pregnancy, and that indicated bubs has gone breach. Little begga did this overnight, as the gyno appt was the day before and gyno said he/she was head down. So I am 34 weeks, and guess I still have a bit of time, should I be trying some of these remedies now, or just wait till my next appt when I will be 35 weeks 3 days? I am dead against having a breach baby and the hospital won't allow you to go breach with your first baby. I am not real keen on the turning that they can do, I worry about that god dam cord. My SIL just recently had a breach baby and they only found it in the last 5 days, so it was too late for her to try anything, whereas I guess I have time on my side. As it turns out the cord was wrapped around his head twice, so it was a true blessing. I am not keen to have a ceasar only I would love to be given the opportunity of a vaginal birth first, but am happy to use caesar as a second option as at the end of the day I want a healthy safe bubba. Any comments ladies???

Thankyou for your reply Kelly O I do have the Maggie Banks book (lent to me by my midwives).

Sheree definitely start the practices now - my primary midwife encouraged me to do the "poses" from 30 weeks, and when I went for acupuncture the practioner said she had to see me before 35 weeks.

A lot of people say it's too early to bother starting to try to turn baby before 36 weeks, but my midwife said as it's my first baby, and my tummy muscles are quite tight, that by 36 weeks it's going to get difficult. And really, at 34 weeks, only 5% of babies are breech, so it's not like its common.

I guess the good thing on your side is that your baby was head down, so hopefully he/she will remember how much better that felt if you start doing the head down bum up pose.

Let us know how you go!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

It is still possible to turn after this time, I was the first of 4 babies And my mum was as skinny as a rake, one of those twiggy thin girls in the late 70's There is so much fear associated with birth these days, it doesn't surprise me when baby doesn't turn. Mum is so anxious and freaked out, there is just too much stress. There are some great tips in Henci Goer's book for helping bubs turn, which also help you become more relaxed and less anxious too.

It's never too late to try and Optimal Fetal Positioning is never too early to start - I think women should read into it early in pregnany regardless of bubs position, as to a possible preventative...
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

think women should read into it early in pregnany regardless of bubs position, as to a possible preventative...
    Great point. We learnt about all of this at yoga the other week and I totally agree

Cathy not sure if you got this on the other thread but thought I would post here also.

Just letting you know that when I had my 38 week appt bubs has infact turned breach again! 39 week appt on Thursday just gone and still breach, I am booked in for a caesar on Monday. I thought I had prepared myself for this seeing as bubs has been breach on and off since 34 weeks (and infact think it was breach the whole time since and they got it wrong), but guess it all hit home the other day when he said caesar it is. I am ok about it now, just so excited to me our bundle of joy. Wish me luck.

So how did you go have you had your baby yet? Did you have a caesar? Hope all is well?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123