Thread: Bringing Baby On

~Belinda~ Guest

Default Bringing Baby On

Does anyone believe in any old wives tales bringing Bub on? I want her out really bad!! I know it's best to keep her in until she's ready though

I have heard intercourse can bring it on?

Bindy - you and me both!!!

Hmmm...my husband needs to be in the same room as me!!! I've been nagging him...maybe after his Xmas party today I might get lucky.

~Belinda~ Guest

yeah i think DTD is a big thing to bring it on, i just wonder how many people on here it's actually worked for!

i am 39 weeks almost....is it true that Bub will hold on for the whole 40 weeks as it's my first? i hope not!

I'm fairly certain it helped with my first arriving on his due date...but no, it's not true that your baby will hang on until 4 weeks just because it's your first.

Well we would go for walks EVERY night for about two weeks before lachlan came and we DTD the night before my waters broke.
    But with my first son cody i was induced and nothing worked

HTH Nikki

I'm a member on a diff site and in my "Due in.." group all the 2nd time mums swear by DTD! Though your cervix needs to be ready, but if it is, semen really helps!

Also nipple stimulation and acupuncture (not at the same time!) apparently help.

Righto...that's it, I'm putting the hard word on DH when he gets home.

Hey girls,

My OB advised me to have lots of sex during the last week of my pg and even after that. Taking Evening Primrose Oil capsules (inserting them 'up you hoo ha' or taking orally) can help soften the cervix too. I went over and was booked to be induced but went into spontaneous labour the day before. We couldnt DTD but i did do the EPO.

~Belinda~ Guest

Wow, inserting them can soften your cervix? How many recommended capsules do you insert?

Quote Originally Posted by catrionalee View Post
    I have heard intercourse can bring it on?
    didnt work for me!!!

~Belinda~ Guest

I guess that is what makes everyone different hey maddysmum! I have heard intercourse doesn't work for everyone!

well had a go at everything to get her out but i guess i had a lazy one!!
    she gets it form her dad!!

have you had curry??(again didnt work for me).. but might work for you!
    or rasberry tea??

~Belinda~ Guest

curry did nothing! i don't know if this little one wants to make an appearance as yet! i was taking raspberry leaf tabs but Ob said it was just a waste of money and won't bring on labour, i have started taking EPO though.

Raspberry leaf tablets don't bring on labour but apparently shorten stage 2 of labour.

But any Ob will probably disagree - it's a natural therapy world theory, not Western medicine. My Ob isn't into anything like that

~Belinda~ Guest

Yeah so I've heard. My Ob isn't really interested in anything like that either, just thinks it burns a hole in your pocket unnecessarily but I'm sure there are millions of women out there that would disagree and RLT made their labours much better.

I did it all. The hot food, hot bath, hot sex LOL! but nada.

Accupuncture and homeopathics worked and stared things rolling. I was 3cms dilated while was walking around the shops on my many long walks complaining nothing was happening.

But labour officially started after i had the "stretch and sweep" by the midwife.

Bubs will just sit until you threaten them with induction i think! she started her trip out at 5.30am, 3hours before i was due to go in for the induction.

Ann