Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bringing on labour?

Default bringing on labour?

i have read a lot of funny ways to bring on labour would any one like to share the ones they have read??? here is a few i have come across

* a long walk
    * sex
    * oral sex( swallowing sperm is more effective then sex for the hormones are ment to bring on labour)
    * fresh ripe pineapple
    * using an expressing machine on your nipples

any more??

Renaee Guest

Default there is a great article on this

Hi levi'smum - See this article:
    http://bellybelly.com.au/articles/birth/natural-inductio
    n-methods

There are lots of good ideas here, induction is on my mind at the moment too - nice to know we have options to beat a medical induction if needed - BTW, no mention of oral sex as a method- though I am sure DP would love this idea!!

Caulophylum tablets, evening primrose oil, nipple stimulation, running... none of it works. It's all a lie! I've been doing this for a week and nada!

Oh, and to get the amount of enzyme into your system as they'd pump in for an induction, you have to eat seven fresh pineapples in one sitting.

I tried the pineapple, sex, and LOTS and LOTS of walking (like 10+ kms a day) and was only one week overdue! Not sure if any of these things helped - but it sure was fun! I've also read about reflexology and cod liver oil being other ideas - I would be up for trying the reflexology but NOT the cod liver oil! YUCK!

I don't know if it was just coincidence, but after a 1st birthday party we'd been to, we stopped on the way home to order takeaway...I ordered a hot Tom Yum. THEN, because the wait was going to be long, we walked all the way down the main street and back. Got home, ate said hot Tom Yum, got ready for bed. DP decided that it was time to DTD. So we did. Not more than a few hours later (in fact, would have to have been about 2 hours later), faint cramping sensations woke me up. And they only got more and more regular...about 36 hours later we had an Oscar!
    So, for me, the long walks, hot food and sex worked. But our birth centre due date was the day we did the walk and everything else, another due date was the day before that and the day he was born was the first scan's due date...so it might have been about to happen anyway, without our pre-empting it! And I wasn't in a hurry to have him out, so maybe that's why - when you want it over, they hang around in your belly, isn't that the rule??

My sister did it all - hot, hot Indian food, nipple stimulation, stacks of walking, even drinking castor oil and all that did was make her terribly sick. She ended up being induced 8 days overdue.

I'd just like to say; "That's A LOT of pineapples."

Please dont ever try the cod liver oil!!!!!!
    I was sworn by a few old hat mothers to use it with my 2nd son to try and avoid an up comming caesar,,,,,,
    I have never had worse diarroeah in my life!!!!!, all it gave me was a sore tummy, the total inability to get off the loo for hours on end,, and a few little niggles.....
    I had the caesar 2 days later.

gigi01 Guest

I have to agree with IK from past experience - last bub due on the Sunday and on the friday night went for a long walk, had a glass of champagne (figured it was cooked well and truly by then!), sex (including nipple stimulation). Show came after this around 9pm. Contractions started 10.30pm and bub born 12.30am on her due date!

Most probably complete coincidence but will probably try the same thing again this time!!!

gigi

wowzah Guest

Yep well I tried everything (except castor oil) too and was induced 10 days over.

I guess it depends on what you are sensitive too!

I was told that if you jump off the kitchen table it will bring on labour - don't know who would actually do that though!

I was taking rasberry leaf tablets from 36 weeks, and the night before having Nina, I ate heaps of cabbage with dinner (my mum insisted that this brings on labour) and DH had sex that day too. My waters broke 4am the next morning.
    Don't know if any of the above helped, or if Nina was just ready to come out?

Haha from what i read, the natural induction methods didn't seem to work with you ladies... so i figured im going to try the rasberry tea, the EPO, bumby car rides, excerise, an hot showers... If i start now at 36weeks... She might just come on the due date hehehe~

I started with the above mentioned methods & went 7 days over! It's all poppy**** (hee hee what a stupid word!)

Yeah, I reckon our 'measures' just coincided with Oscar being ready to meet us!

There's another one - there is a pressure point in the hand between the thumb and index finger. My massage dude swears by it (helps with migranes, upset tummy's etc etc) and said to me "when you're sick of being pregnant give it a go". Now, this has always worked for me when I've had an upset tummy or headache so was rather happy to give it a go to bring on labour this week (I am so OVER being pregnant now!!!) and have been hopeful of some success. And guess what.... NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've also read that consuming "excessive" amounts of chewing gum can bring on labour because consuming excessive amounts has a laxative effect putting it in the same category as cod liver oil... I very strongly doubt that it would work though!

MG

I tried absolutely everything including Castor oil(which did nothing). And I got no results. I ended up having DD in the morning of the day I was meant to be induced.

Ellie

With my first daughter, I went shopping, and had a big walk around the shopping centre. I went home, and 30 minutes later, I started having contractions. Within 3 hours I had her.
    Sex is supposed to be good too Worth a try

I think the only thing that works,, it to have an induction booked,,,, surely enough, sounds like many mums go into labout the night before lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast