Thread: Chilled out baby

Default Chilled out baby

Hey just wondering if anyone else has a chilled out baby like mine - I keep hearing lots of stories and reading lots of posts about really lively babies, but don't hear too much about the chilled ones. I've had her checked out quite a few times as I worried in the early days but I always get a clean bill of health and I can definitely feel her jigging around but its not the big kicks and major movements that other people seem to be getting. I have an anterior placenta which I guess makes it harder to feel her and she's been head down since about week 31 ( I'm now 34 weeks) and so I haven't seen or felt any big turns!

Just wondering if anyone else was experiencing a similar sort of thing? Hopefully she'll be this chilled out when she makes her into the world in 6 weeks time!

Hi Georgina,

Yep! another chilled out bub here!! I have a posterior placenta, but i still don't feel any major kicks or anything... and sometimes i have to poke around my belly to make sure she's ok..! she kicks back and then i'm like.. ok! just checking! LOL She's been head down for quite a few weeks .. and am 30 weeks now! So i feel some little movements down low and around my belly button.. but definitely NOT the huge movements that others are feeling...like kicks and the whole belly moving! Sometimes i worry about her... so i either poke around..hehehe poor thing, or i drink something icy cold and she moves for me!

Apparently they are just as chilled when they come out too! according to my SIL anyway... her last bub was the same and is very mellow child! Hope that applies to us too!

My second baby was really quiet compared to my first, I got so worried they monitored her heart beat and movents at hospital for a few hours but it was just that she was gentle and quiet. She was breech the whole time and was hugging me like a koala When she was born she was such a good sleeper and was a pretty chilled out baby. I hope your little ones the same

if she's been particularly quiet I do find that a cold glass of coke helps as well to get her to jig around and let me know that she is ok!! Its looking good for her being a nice relaxed baby when she comes out - fingers crossed! I am doing quite a lot of yoga and meditation as well which I'm sure helps out too!

yeah, coke always does it with my little one too! LOL funny that... maybe the sugar/caffeine combination??!

do you usually drink coffee...? i don't, so maybe that's why?

They do say a relaxed mother produces a relaxed baby... who know! they say a lot of things!

Tiff - well sounds good for a nice quiet buba then!!

no I'm not a coffee drinker and never have been so theory may have legs! I must admit I've been very relaxed during the whole pregnancy ( alot more than I was before I got pregnant!)

Mine was relaxed, still is realtivley calm. the little fella was always asleep when they tried to monitor him. lol he slept through most of the labor, and although calm he is a very alert baby.

get your partner to put their head on your belly, Xavier used to like to kick his daddy in the head!! he also liked potato crisps

More often than not he would do slow deliberate movements and and stick his bum right out one side. it was hilarious.

I sometimes put my music headphones on my tummy and baby starts wriggling around, i disscovered it by accident when i put my headphones on my belly while in bed and baby went off

Rebecca this bubby also likes to give daddy a push and a kick if he puts his arm around my tummy in the night to hug me baby tries to kick him off

I have a chilled little one inside too. Some of the girls in my belly buddy thread have their bubs so very active. I hope its true that the baby will be a mellow one. Sometime I do worry when they baby doesnt move too much. The cold glass of water can help. And yep I do try and poke and prod to get movement as well.
    It would be nice if we sometimes had that window we could look into and see our babies are ok.